Christmas Cooking/ Baking

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newyear09wife Posts: 899
Any budding chefs on here... am looking for a very simple cookie recipe to make with the kids for a christmas party at school. Have some that are just a bit too sophisticated. Think i must be mad Ive already got 4 christmas cakes and puddings to make!
superduperexcited10 Posts: 1468
hi there i have a really nice recipie its actually from a kids recipie book....ill post it later when i find it.......when do you need it for?? :wv
newyear09wife Posts: 899
for the weekend would be perfect... thanks anon 10 :thnk
little miss may Posts: 392
They were making some very simple cookies on both the Afternoon Show and Ireland AM in the last few days-maybe if you looked up the websites you would find the recipes. I really liked the Ireland AM ones because they were sooooo simple to make and they cut them in little Christmas shapes (trees, bells etc). I'm going to make some for Christmas Day with the inlaws!!
The PDQ Posts: 954
I made a christmas cake last night, jesus the smell of it was divine. I got the recipe here, it was the Odlums one, very easy to make.
aston Posts: 4100
Havent they loads of stuff on how to make yummy food for xmas on the odlums website??? Will go and have a look!
aston Posts: 4100
ya its odlums.ie think they have loadsa ideas on that! Good luck :wv
little miss may Posts: 392
Girls if you make a Christmas cake say this week (or the weekend maybe by the time I get round to it!)-would the flavours have developed enough for Christmas to eat it? Or should I have done this weeks ago?
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
I dont have a cookie recipe but I have a yummy brownies recipe that my mam gave me. They are gorgeous, so easy to make and kids love them!! 4 eggs 50g cocao powder 110g flower 225g butter 80g sugar 1 slab of cooking chocolate (I usually put in 1 and a half slabs in!) Melt the butter and chocolate in a saucepan. When melted, sift the flour and cocoa powder into the mixture and mix. Add the sugar and 4 beaten eggs. Mix until fully combined and then place in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes. When you press the brownies with your finger they should spring back up like a sponge and the inside will still be nice and soft. When I have H2b's nephews and nieces over I always put coloured sprinkles on them, heat them up in the microwave and put a scoop of ice cream on them and they savage them. They keep for a few days if you have them in an airtight lunch box or biscuit tin.
MrsMOnAMission Posts: 376
These are soo easy and YUM... malteser traybake: 100g butter 200g milk chocolate 3 tablespoons golden syrup 225 finely crushed digestive biscuits 225g Maltesers melt together the butter, chocolate and syrup then add the crushed biscuits and the maltesers. Mix together quickly then pour into a square tin and chill until set. For a special occasion drizzle with some melted white chocolate. Cut into squares, pig out.