Christmas??? It's october!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

redalertoz Posts: 316
I am in SHOCK :eek Just saw te Littlewoods Christmas ad and we haven't celebrated Halloween yet!!!! O good god
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
In shock, really? Hasn't this been the norm for the past few years!! An email in work about the xmas party went round weeks ago! Anyway bring in on, I'm dying for xmas this year :)
Anything special about this year AmandaMc? I like xmas I do... this year I just know that once its over the wedding will fly in (which I can't wait) but then it will be over :weep
DementedAlterEgo Posts: 328
I can't believe I'm saying this....but I've started my xmas shopping today. Got two reed dispensers on yankee.ie I normally don't start my shopping until November. Feeling the pressure this year to get shopping for presents......
WOW :eek Now should I start to panic now????
Happily Ever After Posts: 547
I'm also really excited about Christmas this it will be our first Xmas as Mr & Mrs and it will also be our first Xmas in our first home together!!! I've also started my Xmas shopping in the last couple of weeks to help spread the cost as it has been an expensive year and so have many of my friends.
DementedAlterEgo Posts: 328
[quote="Happily Ever After":nax4genl]I'm also really excited about Christmas this it will be our first Xmas as Mr & Mrs and it will also be our first Xmas in our first home together!!! .[/quote:nax4genl] Awww thats so sweet!!!!
AmandaMc Posts: 1813
[quote="redalertoz":bny895xe]Anything special about this year AmandaMc? I like xmas I do... this year I just know that once its over the wedding will fly in (which I can't wait) but then it will be over :weep[/quote:bny895xe] Maybe it's because I'm pregnant but I've never looked forward so much to just sitting in, relaxing, eating, seeing family etc...it's also our first xmas as a married couple (even though we'll still go our separate ways for xmas dinner this one last time it will still be special) Also I went to Thailand a few years ago for xmas (with a not so close friend) and it gave me a new found love of xmas and spending it with family.
mommylicious Posts: 836
Have to say the ads and the stuff in shops has never bothered me, they're there, doesn't mean I'm going to start my shopping sooner or be fed up of it by the time it comes around. Christmas is always great.
Daisy Row Posts: 3650
Christmas in October is not surprising at all! Brown Thomas opened their Christmas Shop on 31st August! I have the main presents for my LO, bought them a few weeks ago. She's young enough that I can pick the stuff for her so thught why not be prepared! Hoping to get a couple of bits out of this months pay as I hater leaving things to the last minute and then I'm wondering why my December pay lasted only minutes :o0 As someone getting married in April I am super excited to see Christmas coming because that means there will be just 17 weeks to the wedding (At that stage I will have waited 19 months to be able to use the word WEEKS :eek )