Christmas/New Years Mammies-where are you!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Idina Posts: 1289
Hi Girls, My official date is Jan 2 but at my last scan the baby was measuring for 26th Dec so hence the name of the thread! How are you all doing? I can't beleive I am nearly 30 weeks-I am getting so excited now. have you bought much? I have pram (well quinny buzz with dreami and maxi cosi) and travel cot. A few bit for my bag and a few bits for babs but not much? We have pretty much narrowed it down to 2 names for each sex and I'm feeling quite well. People keep asking am I finding it long but I think it's flying!!!
newyearbabs Posts: 686
hi I'm due new years eve, and for me the time is dragging by. 10 long wks left :o0 The only thing I've bought is pram, bugaboo, with car seat. Haven't even thought about anything else yet. I should start soon. I've been put on iron over last few weeks which has made big difference to engery levels, still have MS and now back ache is kicking in other than that everything hunky dory! How are you keeping?
Great! I have bit of reflux which means I get sick every mornind and I'm a bit uncomrtable in bed (esp when I'm not in my own-like when I stay with in laws). Body temp is soaring!!!! My husband can't understand it cause I used to be the type who would have heat on 24 7!!! Other than that I am great-can't wait for christmas!
The sickness is kinda bearable now isn't it you get so used to it it's like a part of your day :o0 I know what you mean about body temp I'd say the gas co. will be losing out in profits over next few months. I've taken to sleeping on my own now DH has to be up at 6 every morning and all my tossing and turning doesn't help him. Have you all your xmas shopping done yet I haven't even started.
Not a thing! I keep thinking it'll be like every other year, I'll do it in Dec but went shopping in Dublin at the weekend and my feet nearly fell off me!!! I think it'll be internet shopping!
[email protected] Posts: 492
Hi Girls! My due date on my scan was Dec 23rd but Doc has calculated it as Xmas day. I really have no faith in due dates as i went 11 days over last pregnancy so i'm preparing myself for a jan baby!! We've bought our double P&T as DD is just 14 months. I know the sex so have bought some things in the last next sale and have been buying bits and pieces for myself. The reflux sounds awful newyear and hope it improves. Youre right Thistle it is a lovely time to have a baby, though i'm dreading the night feeds in the cold!!! Are there any other Xmas / New year Mums around? What hospitals are you all going to??
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
I am due on the 12th of Jan but, went 10 days early the first time so I am hopeful that might happen again which would make me sort of a New Years mum. We are pretty organised, we have our Bugaboo, our car seat and lots of little clothes for him already. We also have his name picked but that is a secret. Feeling quite big these days!! FP
Ladies you are putting me to shame with all the stuff you've bought. I have to get sorted ceegee - holles st is where i'll be and yourself? Forgottenpassoword - 10days early last time I'll prob. end up swaping dates with you!
breeze Posts: 1175
Im due Dec 26th and we have bought car seat,pram, stuff for babs and bag, getting the cot next week. DH sadi he will paint the rrom to this weekend :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I feel rotten at the mo, DS had a vomiting bug the other day and i think im getting it. Had really bad cramps ontop of my bump and the sides last night, thought i was going to burst, feeling really tired to. But i am not complaining, feel slighty better today. I just hope i go b4 my due date, i was 2 weeks over with DS1 and even at that he was not budging. Back at the Hsp friday (Coombe) so will ask what the chances are. 9weeks and counting :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
ros Posts: 749
Hello All, Nice to touch base with fellow Chrissie/New Year's Mams. I'm due New Year's Eve. With DS I went 4 days over and feel that this time I'll probably go 1/2 days over, hopefully not more than that anyways. Feeling fine mostly. Very busy with people visiting (we live abroad) so time is just flying by. Had a bit of bleeding this morning but think it's fine. Will check with midwife just in case. Have been eating like a horse the past few days, especially since we had visitors, as am eating huge portions, plus double portions of desserts, and then some bickies after that too!! Total pig-out! Have a bit of thrush which is uncomfortable but lots of natural yoghurt seems to provide temporary relief at least.