Christmas Parties etc - what you doin?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SunnyK Posts: 3834
Just sitting here thinking about the bits and bobs I have coming up from now till Christmas. I love having Christmas nights out and days out planned and am pretty much booked up with something nice from this w/e till Christmas! What are you all doing for a "work do" , a "girls night", a special night with your OH's etc? This w/e is my friend's bday, going for dinner in town and drinks after. The following weekend am going to town with my Mam to do some Christmas shopping and bring her for a birthday dinner. I have a half day the 2nd December and am meeting a couple of friends in town for a little bit of shopping then a nice early dinner and drinks, can't wait for that cos it'll be really getting into the spirit of things then. My girls night out is again in town the following Friday - dinner in Brasserie 66 then going to see this 90's band in the Sugar Club. Then I have my work Christmas party in Dunboyne Castle the following day (God help me with the hangover! :hic ) - that's a nice night over, dinner and drinks all paid for :o)ll I have a few other bits and pieces on the weekends in between too so I need to get budgeting my wages and dig out some outfits!! I love the whole run up to Christmas (much more than Christmas day itself) so am really looking forward to it. I am also conscious that lots of people won't have work parties, may not have a job or can't afford party nights out this year. I think for me the reason I am out and about so much this year is simply as I'm single again - if I weren't I would love nothing more than cosy nights in. So girls have you much coming up for Christmas or will it be cosy nights in by the tree?
Sodapop Posts: 3220
Christmas time is soooo busy for parties isn't it! I have 2 work parties the next 2 fridays - worst is thinking of a outfit for each one! One is just drinks the other is a formal sit down meal. Then it's my FIL's bday over Xmas and he always has a big night out for everyone - then I'm away this Xmas (back home abroad) and I'll be partying it up over there with family and friends - sheesssh it will be jam packed! Then I get back here just in time for New Years - have to make plans before I go so its not a rush when I'm back - we usually head to town with a few of us - last year it didn't happen and OH and I ended up staying in a nice hotel down the country - so this year everyone wants to be together again :hic Sure we are always so broke after New Years we spend January all cozy by the fire!
nelswife Posts: 3869
We are going to see White christmas in the grand canal in Dec, my mam is minding the baby and we said we would go for an early dinner and have a few drinks before the show... A group of us are planning on having a christmas night out, think they were saying the green isle hotel..there is a function on there, dinner, a show, etc..so if we can all agree on a night that suits us we will be doing that Not sure about a work do as i am on maternity leave so not sure if i will get an invite and if i do wether or not i will go to it I am really looking forward to christmas this year especially because we have the baby..i am looking forward to fire lighting, christmas tree lights on, chilled wine, and cuddling up with baby and hubbie!!
Dollydel Posts: 1726
I am going to Kilkenny for the girls Christmas party from work. There is 6 of us going on the 9th Dec. Should be a good laugh. We don't invite the males because things just get a little out of hand. I remember the first year I worked here and the whole company went to a Christmas party and my innocent little eyes couldn't believe the carry on. Some people seem to forget they are in relationships when it comes to Christmas fun and frolics. :eek Have about 6 other nights out between now and Christmas but they are not really for Christmas. Looking forward to them all. :o)ll :o)ll
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
Busy times ahead for you SunnyK, Sounds great, Ah nelswife, you will have a great time with your Lil man, he is soooo cute!! I was just having this conversation with my sister on the phone. She said everyone is ringing her about this night out and that night out and how broke we all will be, so ive suggested maybe having a big night in one of our houses, for the ladies only... Like say, we all get together in my house, and get all glammed up, have some party games, etc, good music, and sure the house will be decorated already :o0 and everyone bring their own drinks, and say everyone bring 1 bit of party food. So I'M Sending out a text soon to all our cousins and friends to see if they are up for it!
nelswife Posts: 3869
[quote="mammymcphee":1yml62ss]Busy times ahead for you SunnyK, Sounds great, Ah nelswife, you will have a great time with your Lil man, he is soooo cute!! [/quote:1yml62ss] Ah thanks Mammymcphee!! x
Twirl Posts: 5598
Oh you all have lovely things planned for christmas, i have to admit i am a little jealous of you all with your plans. Work, well theres no christmas party there ( what a surprise ). My DH has no christmas party either it got cancelled with the recession. Over the last few years due to the weather it has been so difficult for us to get out. No taxis will come out our way in the snow or bad frost for that matter but we do meet up with our local buddies. There is a little group of us going to meet up for a night nearer christmas and then hopefully that will start the ball rolling. I wont be doing anything mad this year however :o0 but, i am really looking forward to it. Sounds like a great plan Mammymcphee, i love that idea.
SunnyK Posts: 3834
[quote="Dollydel":2tkzjyjo]Some people seem to forget they are in relationships when it comes to Christmas fun and frolics. :eek [/quote:2tkzjyjo] Tell me about it!!! Some disgraceful carry on at a few of our work nights! MMP that's a brill idea having a big night in like that - get some of those 5 litre boxes of wine that you and your girls love and sure you'll have a great laugh :yelrotflmaosmilie:
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
Oh ya the wine boxes, sure you will have to come for that one! O-O O-O O-O O-O
mammyslittlerogue Posts: 2184
I have a girls night on Sat now with breaking Dawn and a takeaway in Dublin! Then PG thats it until work Christmas party on 16th Dec oz DS bday is 8th Dec and the last few Christmas bits, i still want to get an outside light of some sort and a few bits for in the house coz usually on our sitting room is decorated. We are hosting dinner this year so would love a couple of bits up in the kitchen and wanna get a garland or something for the stairs!