christmas shopping

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ginger nut Posts: 5989
I'm going shopping this afternoon and will probably do a bit of browsing for christmas pressies. I tend to be the forager type of shopper (go out with no particular plan in mind, see something that'd be perfect for someone and buy it - could be in july that I'd see an ideal present and put it away for christmas) rather than going out with a list of gifts and recipients. Also I love buying pressies for people so it's usually good fun. Do other people enjoy buying presents for christmas or see it as a chore? (bit of a dull question - sorry!)
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
i absolutely love christmas shopping, and buying pressies for other people! i'm a bit of both, i'll make the list, then probably forget to bring it with me, and then find something completely perfect out of nowhere instead!!
Duchess Snow Posts: 2348
I don't mind it usually enjoy it have most of it done as you can see from the ticker won't have much time next month!
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
I'm a weirdo....I HATE shopping! I get all annoyed with crowds etc...the only time I like going into town is if its really quiet, like a monday morning! I'm a catalogue/shop on line queen! This year I'm not spending much on prezzies...witht the wedding and all...so all prezzies are coming from Avon! (and I'm a rep so I get them cheaper :o)ll).
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
went christmas shopping this morning bought lacoste touch of pink perfume... then i opened it and kept it for myself.... O:| im never going to get it done at this stage!!!
justforfunsies Posts: 2502
[quote:1beyvsiq]went christmas shopping this morning bought lacoste touch of pink perfume... then i opened it and kept it for myself.... Bang Head im never going to get it done at this stage!!! [/quote:1beyvsiq] sounds like something i do also!! my principle usually is one present for someone...two for me!! :o0
bumpedy bump Posts: 736
I love it - but only if i start early and not rushing in on christmas eve to get stuff. Don't like buying for my sister in law though - cause she's a fussy sod!
jen2 Posts: 3106
I love shopping. Have nearly all xmas shopping done. Will be on honeymoon for xmas. So will give pressies out early. Jen2
mammybean Posts: 10364
I love it. I am going away to cork this year for two days. H2B and i feel that we need a couple of days away and we are going to do it then, if i can find out when i am having time off that is!
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
im really picky about what i get people, so it takes me ages