Christmas Sun!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

aston Posts: 4100
ok ok I know it is May! and we are supposed to be well into our Summer at the mo but the weather is seriously depressing me! I am back into my winter clothes and feel really miserable. We are not going on any summer hol this year as I am studying at the moment so cant go... So I was thinking what if I looked into a Christmas holiday abroad with sun :o)ll There is only myself and my hubbie and neither of us would mind being away from the mammys for xmas so any suggestions? I would love somewhere hot hot and hot and just veg and do nothing and lie on beach on 25th dec!! I know some of you will think im mad thinking this far ahead but if I booked it now and paid it off week by week I wouldnt notice it!! So any suggestions??? :wv
eppi Posts: 171
We pretty much always go away for Christmas. Anywhere in the Southern Hemisphere will be warm or Canaries if you were thinking of closer to home/cheaper?
Thanks eppi! No dont want to go to the Canaries. Where have you been before? Do ye mind being away from home at xmas? :wv
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[color=indigo:v0sswxqr]Egypt would be nice and warm at Christmas [/color:v0sswxqr]
true Mrs. O Brien! Will def look into it!! Im heading to the travel agents at lunch time! am sick of it!! My feet are so cold! will have to put my flip flops away :o( :o( Would you recommend anywhere specifically in Egypt Mrs. O'Brien? Would love to see the pyramids! :wv
montagne Posts: 1849
We are going to Cape Town for Christmas and I can not wait!
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
[quote="Aston":2sl6owy7] Would you recommend anywhere specifically in Egypt Mrs. O'Brien? Would love to see the pyramids! :wv[/quote:2sl6owy7] [color=indigo:2sl6owy7] Have been to Egypt twice and have yet to see the Pyramids :o0 :o0 I would recommend any of these hotels in Luxor http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... alley.html http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... alley.html http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review ... alley.html[/color:2sl6owy7]
Thanks a mill will check them all out at lunch time :wv
eppi Posts: 171
[quote:1zlkg1jk]Thanks eppi! No dont want to go to the Canaries. Where have you been before? Do ye mind being away from home at xmas? [/quote:1zlkg1jk] Travel is sort of our hobby/thing, so we do a lot of it!! Have been to Argentina - Buenos Aires at Christmas. Would really recommend there. Exchange rate is great so it's really cheap. Weather good and people very nice. Food is good if you are a meat eater, veggies are an alien concept, so I found that a bit difficult. Mr. Eppi was in his element. South Africa, did the garden route, again fab! It is such a beautiful country, would really take your breath away. Oz, Christmas in Sydney was brill but the year we were there is was quite cold on Christmas day - any about 15 or 16 degrees, so bbq on bondi was out!! Dominican Republic is nice but a long flight for what is basically the canaries only further away. The resorts are in compounds and you really don't get a feel for the place. We never use a travel agent, we research on the web and book each section individually. We have never had a problem, touch wood, so really would suggest you look into it. We booked the loveliest little cottage right on the beach in Oahu for Christmas 3 years ago, about 15 minutes outside Honolulu and a world away from Waikiki, for relatively little. Just by searching the t'inerweb. As for being away at Christmas, no it's not weird, other than seeing Christmas tress in the sweltering sun. We are both from small families and both sets of folks are dead so it's not like we are missing big family get togethers. Besides, my sis and her hubby often come with us so that is a big help with any potential homesickness. Happy searching.