Christmas time few days away

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ceewa Posts: 478
I'm thinking of booking a few days away after Christmas, any suggestion? Would love to head to New York or something but can really only afford somewhere a bit closer to home Any suggestions welcome
paperclips Posts: 3146
We normally head away for New Years Eve and have been to Paris, Brussles/Brugge/, Madrid, Barcelona. We've picked those destinations simply cos we got cheap flights and reasonable accomodation. In each one of the cities New Years Eve is a big deal and there is normally good buzz. Paris was incredible.
Twirl Posts: 5598
Oh i would just love this, find New Years boring here. We actually stayed in one year. Might have a quick look online and see what deals are out there :o)ll I have to laught at myself, we cant even afford to go away :o0
happyfamily Posts: 3323
Got to edinburgh! It's the most romantic city i know. Amazing new years (Hogmanay!) celebrations!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
New Years is so over-rated here. Queues for getting into the pubs that you now have to pay to get in to for one particular night, queues to get to the bar, queues to get to the loos, queues to get your coat back and then queues for taxis - why bother. A couple of times we've done that set menu muck in a chinese restaurant with hubbys friends. We've also stayed in a couple of times, and tbh, I prefer it. I'd love to be able to get away for a few days, but no hope of that happening, unless we win the Lotto :o( :o( We get paid about a week earlier than normal in December, which may sound great, but it means that the same amount of money as you got last time, has to last you 5-6wks instead. I'd love to know how people are able to go out and socialize so much over Christmas. I'd love to see what other European cities are like around Christmas and New Years, but all I can do is dream
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
Ihave been with my hubby for 14 years, and we have never gone out for it! We may have gone to a friends where we had an intimate New years you could say with people who care, and sometimes we have spent it with family, but never in a pub, and to be honest, I'd bever change it now! Especially since this year we have a babs and I want to share my New Year with him (even if he is asleep for it :baby3: ). If I was going anywhere tho, I'd be going to Edinburgh/New York/Liverpool (if I had the reddies). sue
galwaygirl2010 Posts: 2447
Definetly go away if you can. We've gone away for NYE for the last 8 years and its may favorite time to go away. Italy and Germany are great destinations and not very expensive when you get there. Venice is very romantic at that time of year, we had sunny days with a little fog coming off the lagoon and it made the whole place visually stunning.
lolabelle Posts: 3311
I spent New Year in Italy last year and it was amazing. Think snow, hot chocolate and SHOES!