Menu

Christmas wedding guest dress

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rubyrubyrubyruby Posts: 1
Hi guys! Slighty off topic/fashion question. Got invited as a plus one to a christmas Wedding (Dec 30th) and wondering is there a specific dress code to think about? Theres no specific code for the actual wedding, just never been to a Christmas wedding so stuck on what to pick to wear. Want to start looking now but don't know where to start - all my other wedding guest outfits were spring summer colours/florals Spotted a nice red floor length dress but is that too OTT ? Any style or colour inspiration would be a great help to a tall size 6 blonde. The bridal party colour theme is royal blue and silver so i'll avoid those Thanks
mrsmcc2502 Posts: 497
Full length is prob going to be common enough the week between Christmas and new year, could any of your dresses be warmed up with a fur wrap or anything to make it wintery looking? I got married last Christmas and loads of guests had a range of colours nothing that stood out as summery, this day and age you can get away with anything!
CasualBride Posts: 574
Hi ruby, I was at a NYE wedding last year and have a Christmas one this year too, so I'm going to wear the same dress, thankfully! It's a full-length black dress - like you, I've always worn bright summery colours, so I felt weird in the long black number, but I'd say 50% of the women had long dresses and probably 40% of them were dark colours, with 10% in red, so you definitely are on the right track with your red dress. They're actually so handy - less tan stress!!