Christmas Weddings - any twists

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jawl Posts: 8881
For anybody who had a December/Xmas wedding, did you do anything festive or xmassy at your ceremony/reception? Just thinking of ideas.
Blitz Posts: 583
Friend in work was at a wedding at xmas - outside the function room they had a huge xmas trees with baubles on - the guests had to find their personalised bauble on the tree and then follow the seating plan to get their seat - the bauble was their favour had the couples names and date of wedding and obviously the guests name.
Jawl Posts: 8881
Wow, good idea! Too much trouble though :hyper:
yankiecandle Posts: 2888
[quote="Blitz":2s47zzf6]Friend in work was at a wedding at xmas - outside the function room they had a huge xmas trees with baubles on - the guests had to find their personalised bauble on the tree and then follow the seating plan to get their seat - the bauble was their favour had the couples names and date of wedding and obviously the guests name.[/quote:2s47zzf6] oh like this! we are having baubles. how did it work? what did they do with the empty tree after. did people like it? thanks!
Blitz Posts: 583
I think the tree was one of the hotels that they just redecorated - think it went down well okay - especially as the girl brought it up in work - I think it sounds different, providing you get the baubles reasonable enough..
lady jules 83 Posts: 113
Hi Ladies, I still havnt got round to doing my report, but we had our wedding the last wk in november and had fiona from candlelight weddings, one word, FAB...Our guests are still raving about the chapel... We were fortunate to have a foggy day and had lanterns goin up the aisle's and fiona also put an ivory piece with a large candle in it on the windows (which could of been used later for a centre piece in your hotel, add berries), which gave a real "Christmas" feel, I think our priest said there woz just under 200 candles in the chapel...Girls all I will say if you want something different I would advise go with candlelight weddings, she also did our flowers....I dnt know how to upload a picture from my computer only from the internet, sorry x
sounds class! would love to see some pics?
lady jules 83 Posts: 113
Dat 4 me NYE2010? Do u know how to upload pictures from your computer? Oh we also had a red carpet up da aisle, it woz lovely...
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
the cake places do gorgeous christmas wedding cakes!
[quote="lady jules 83":oxo5v7b7]Dat 4 me NYE2010? Do u know how to upload pictures from your computer? Oh we also had a red carpet up da aisle, it woz lovely...[/quote:oxo5v7b7] i use photobucket for my online pics http://photobucket.com/ you can create an account & then upload your pics. then on the lhs there should be a box saying share this image copy the IMG Code in the box on to your wol post & yoila!