Church charge for a christening

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

maemay Posts: 45
Hi all, looking for a bit of help. We are christening our 1st daughter on Sunday and I'm wondering how much will we give the church for the service? I went in and booked it and it's all going ahead, now we do know the priest but not very well and I feel a bit silly asking straight out how much should we give. Would it be. €100?? €50? Thanks in advance
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
My first boy was christened in 2011 and we gave €50, will give the same when my second boy is christened later this year.
30something Posts: 644
Is more than one baby being christened at the ceremony? If not, then I'd say €100 minimum.
Noisin Posts: 448
We give 50 for an anniversary mass that's on the normal Saturday so for a christening that booked for a time you chose I would give more than 50, at least 100.
lilytiger Posts: 536
We paid €50 for both our boys christenings but they were both done as part of a larger group of four babies on the day. If it's a group of babies, then I'd say 50 is enough, but if it's just your own LO then I;d go the hundred..
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
From speaking to our church administrator €50 appears to be the standard offering whether your baby is the only one or not.
Doozer28 Posts: 881
We gave €80 i think to the priest & €20 to the sarcristan (sp?).