Church Flowers?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
What are you getting and how much are you being charged for them? I have lanterns for my pew ends, so I'm thinking just the Unity Candle centrepiece and 1 pedestal.....I know this will still leave the Church quite bare but it's quite an ornate Church as it is... Would love an of your recommendations ladies, as I'm fairly lost! :-8
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
Hi, we are also having lanterns for our pew ends and have bought some other bigger lanterns and hired tall candlabras for the church instead of flowers. Im trying to source bay trees that arent a ridiculous price too :) I dont think the church will look too bare- the lanterns are a lovely focal point.
CanaryRed Posts: 329
I met some florists today. So confused... I went in saying "no no I don't like pink" and by the time I left I said was "so pink roses it is...!" :o0 :o0 Think that's what I'll go for... Or red roses... Or lilies... Waiting for my quote, reckon it will be a good deal. Not going mad on church flowers, going to do lots of candles instead. Getting lanterns for pew ends, hurricane lights on windows and lots of candles around the alter.
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
we are only getting a unity arrangment for the church. doing pew ends myself with a bit of organza and buying some flowers in tesco/lidl and sticking them in a few vases to decorate the rest of the church with. about €50 worth of flowers from supermarkets will brighten up the church (i amn't bothered about having all flowers completely matching)
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
[quote="Alsgal12":kda11aew]Im trying to source bay trees that arent a ridiculous price too [/quote:kda11aew] you and me both! not having much luck. saw a pair of fake ones on ebay that we might go for. OH really doesn't see the point of bay trees as he reckons no one will notice but I really want them. he definitely won't pay €90 to rent them!!
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
I'm renting 2 bay trees for outside the Church for 50 quid. That includes delivery, collection and decoration. Hmmmm...I'll have a think about not having many flowers in the Church, they're so expensive!!
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
[quote="morningsun":3tujnefj][quote="Alsgal12":3tujnefj]Im trying to source bay trees that arent a ridiculous price too [/quote:3tujnefj] you and me both! not having much luck. saw a pair of fake ones on ebay that we might go for. OH really doesn't see the point of bay trees as he reckons no one will notice but I really want them. he definitely won't pay €90 to rent them!![/quote:3tujnefj] Oh stop, my heart is broken with the cost of everything. The smallest details are ridiculously expensive. 80 - 100 quid for a pair of plastic green trees :eek Thats 2 weeks food shopping :o0 TheCatsMother- I think to be honest for me, the cost of church flowers would have taken away all the enjoyment of them for me! Im picking up lanterns here and there, working on the assumption that another Wollie or bride somewhere will buy them off me after the big day. You cant sell on flowers :)
LittleLily Posts: 3682
You could probably buy 2 bay trees for not that much in Woodies or Atlantic and pop some ribbon on them. You could have them outside your front door after the wedding so it wouldn't technically be a wedding expense. [img:3nvstfwx]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oK2Fz_Zq8P4/TrV-S2n0RFI/AAAAAAABMOA/leGC813c31E/s640/File0404.JPG[/img:3nvstfwx] [img:3nvstfwx]http://www.gapinteriors.com/images/WebPreview/0038/0038207.jpg[/img:3nvstfwx] We had these plants from Lidl outside the church. We got the pots in Lidl too and just stuck some ribbon on it. They could easily go inside the church too and again, they just went to the garden after the wedding. [img:3nvstfwx]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/207341_1957835063377_1167764993_32349605_44502_n.jpg[/img:3nvstfwx]
OConnell2b Posts: 102
Hi ladies, Home store and more have bay trees reduced to €20 each at the moment. THey had both plain and rose trees last week in Limerick. Hope this helps
seedee Posts: 1017
[quote="OConnell2b":kk0txt6p]Hi ladies, Home store and more have bay trees reduced to €20 each at the moment. THey had both plain and rose trees last week in Limerick. Hope this helps[/quote:kk0txt6p] oh thanks for that! ill get these tomorrow! :D