Church Payment

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ladyinwaiting Posts: 198
Hi Girls Can anyone advise me when they are paying for the use of the Church [if applicable] We recently had to change venues and when I contacted the priest to tell him to release the date for our original choice - he seemed surprised that we had not paid Though he had not contacted me pushing for payment Any ideas?? Thanks :wv
MeSB Posts: 3785
Higgs particle Posts: 4557
I paid on the day
Miss Muffet Posts: 612
We were told to pay the night before (during the dress rehersal) and didn't have to give any deposit.
nutcake Posts: 1168
we had to give 100 euro deposit and not to sure when we have to pay the further 150 :-8
AugBride10 Posts: 60
I paid €100 deposit on booking the church. When i rang to see if the date was free i was only told of the €100 dep and the contribution to priest which was up to ourselves, then on paying deposit was faced with another €150 and €30 for church to be opened, so thats €380 b4 i even step into the church......madness :O
imawolly Posts: 268
We had to pay €100 deposit and there's a further €400 to pay at a later date.... that's for the Honan Chapel in UCC though. And we have to provide our own priest.
ladyinwaiting Posts: 198
Thanks Girls The priest at the 'new' church said there was no hurry - but maybe I should send it on - Good luck with yr planning! :wv