Cian O' Connor back in Olympic Final! Guaranteed Medal!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

paperclips Posts: 3146
Best of luck to him :o)ll
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
Oh God, why can we never just bloody win anything outright? 8 years ago it was the horse on drugs, now we're getting in because someone else withdrew.
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
The guy seems destined to get to the end!! He only got to go to London in the first place cos Dennis Lynch's nomination was withdrawn. All the same, it would be great for Ireland to get a medal outside of the boxing ring.
[quote="Jane Smith":3epg8hk8]it would be great for Ireland to get a medal outside of the boxing ring.[/quote:3epg8hk8] +1 Also, it would be great to have the opportunity to win another medal.
Looks like he is guaranteed a silver or bronze medal :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Doozer28 Posts: 881
Did he get the bronze?? I thought I heard there that he did, not certain though.
sunny505 Posts: 1807
Bronze yes. Was unlucky not to get more. 2/100 of a second out from drawing with gold. Then had to do a jump off to decide silver or bronze and he beat that guy on time but dropped a fence on the very last jump.
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
Good stuff! :o)ll It really is a case if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Now let's hope the horse doesn't decide to go on a bender before being tested. :hic >:o)
[quote="Jane Smith":m5nm5mp3]Now let's hope the horse doesn't decide to go on a bender before being tested. [/quote:m5nm5mp3] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 I'm sure they are watching him like a hawk this time around!
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
I am so glad he won a medal. He really deserves it as he is such a fighter. I know his past has tainted his career but really when the substance was not performance enhancing & was not knowingly administered then I think he was hard done by.