Ciaran Mullooly RTE News

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CalamityJane Posts: 783
I'm sorry, I know this sounds cruel, but every time I'm watching the news and he comes on I want to punch the telly. His voice is so incredibly head-wrecking. No idea how he got that job.
jan8 Posts: 554
trying to place him i'm more a radio person!! does he at least say news and not "nooze"? that drives me fe*kin demented....
Ha, I think he says 'nooze' Jan. I don't watch the RTE news every day, but he seems to do some sort of report every time I watch it. He just sounds so dopey.
MrsMtoB Posts: 1212
haha yep, he's seriously annoying. My OH does in impression of him anytime he sees him on the telly, makes me want to punch him too hehe
Doll Posts: 525
Guys, you never know who is lurking here. He is my brother in law but don't worry I not offended. Some ppl annoy ppl. Have to say though he has worked very hard to get where he is.
Doll, no offence intended - as I stated at the start, I didn't mean to sound cruel. I just find him very difficult to listen to and he seems to be the only reporter (out of every station) who gets on my nerves. I'm sure he's a lovely man and I'm sure RTE gave him a job for a reason, but I just don't think he sounds as professional as the rest of them. Just my own personal opinion though. As I said, no offence meant.
Doll Posts: 525
As I said fancypants. I'm not offended. I think its just mad who can be reading these posts. Charlie Bird used to do my nut it and everyone used to rave about him.
Yeah, you never know who's reading what. Have to be careful :-8
GreenerPastures Posts: 7284
Nah, Gerry Ryan, now that's an annoying fella!I'm allergic. He drives me up the wall >:o(
gillette Posts: 1803
I think wollies we are all forgetting the key issue which was the hat that paul cunningham wore on the nine o'clock news last night. Apparently there's already a facebook group set up called "I love paul cunningham's winter hat". It's been described as looking like a floppy baker hat, a hat worn by wee willie winkie and a hat worn by the Pashtun tribe in Afghanistan (by a clearly very well travelled blogger). Take a look -