Ciaran Nevin hairdressers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

clucky Posts: 26471
Am going here for hair trial on saturday - my sis in law knows them and will be with me then she is coming to malta and is going to copy the style we pick anyone used them and how would you rate them?
hopeful1973 Posts: 4385
Lucky do you mean the guy in Terenure? I only went there once and they curled my hair for me with a tongs - I think it cost €45. They were nice enough and my hair was definitely curled - bit too 'defined' curly if you know what I mean but it looked nice all the same.
clucky Posts: 26471
yeah that's the one - excellent I want to try it curly did it last long for you?
hopeful1973 Posts: 4385
It lasted all day and into the next although obviously fairly slept in/bed head by then! It's kind of weird at the start - it's so bouncy you feel like you're in a shampoo ad or something!! Make sure they can keep it off your face - if you're anything like me, you'd want to keep sticking it back over your ears cos it's in the way! They used a tongs which I thought was nearly something I could have done (I had assumed they would use a curly brush or something?) but H2B really liked it curly on me and I did get some nice compliments so I was happy enough. Took them 20 mins about which was pretty quick so I don't know if I could really justify €45 for that but it depends on the length of your hair and mine is pretty long. I'm going to have my (straight) hair curled/waved as well for my wedding -I think that sort of style can look really pretty...