civil ceremony brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

atlast2010 Posts: 444
----
disney08 Posts: 575
We are having our ceremony & party in Beaufield Mews in Stillorgan. We're still working on personalising the ceremony, so far we have decided to have a unity candle ceremony.. but not sure how it works. Would love to hear ideas for it!
blueheart Posts: 90
I am planning a civil ceremony at the end of the year. Havent a clue where to start so would also like to hear people ideas
BusyDee Posts: 8527
We are having a civil ceremony in the garden of our venue in Malta. Need to get the finger out and sort out readings/music etc. Want to light a candle for my parents but I like the sand ceremony for us - Ive never seen it done before and I think its nice. We are having a harp trio to play during the ceremony - having difficulty picking songs as ones I like sound totally different instrumental!
von2008 Posts: 207
We're also having a civil ceremony in June and I have nothing sorted out for it! I don't even know how it runs yet, we're doing postal notification and won't meet our register until 5 days before the wedding. :ooh Serious advice needed! :) How does the ceremony run?
------
Mrssailor Posts: 126
Delighted that you started this thread. I'm having a civil ceremony in September and i'm trying to pick music/readings to make it personal but i'm not sure where to start with it all! My H2B works away from home for 8 weeks at a time and has said he's happy for me to pick both, but i dont think i can pick something so personal for the two of us on my own! the only thing is my brother is my singer but he's away for the summer and wants me to pick songs before he goes....my h2b wont be back until june and lil bro wants the details before then..... eeeepp... anyway that's a rant for another post, the point is i'm looking forward to seeing people's ideas on this thread. so far i've decided on Pachelbel's Cannon for my entrance and nella fantasia for the ring ceremony but i'm stumped about the rest of it. also i've read about having a candle ceremony, does anyone know about this and how it works?
tiggeriffic Posts: 547
Yay for this thread. We're having a civil ceremony too. Neither of us have ever been to one, nor any of our families, so will be watching for ideas here. Have to start thinking of readings etc. Think I'm going walking in to Adele 'To make you feel my love', after that no notion!! Love the idea atlast of getting your mums to light the individual candles
----
tiggeriffic Posts: 547
[quote="atlast2010":1t7zl5kt][quote="Tiggeriffic!":1t7zl5kt]Yay for this thread. We're having a civil ceremony too. Neither of us have ever been to one, nor any of our families, so will be watching for ideas here. Have to start thinking of readings etc. Think I'm going walking in to Adele 'To make you feel my love', after that no notion!! Love the idea atlast of getting your mums to light the individual candles[/quote:1t7zl5kt] It was actually the registrar's idea! She says and now we will have xxx and xxx to light candles representing atlast and Mr.atlast's lives up to this point. Today is about at last and Mr.atlast joining their lives in matrimony but also about the coming together of two families. (or something along those lines)![/quote:1t7zl5kt] Think we'll be nicking that Idea. Something for the mammies to do as no gifts for the altar! [quote="atlast2010":1t7zl5kt]But like i said I don't want something too "out there" either as the whole idea of a wedding in a hotel room is enough for some guests to get their head around.[/quote:1t7zl5kt][/quote] Tell me about it, my mother included!!! Will check out those links now