Claiming BIK.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Have any of you had to play a waiting game, when it comes to trying to claim money back from the Revenue? I'm still waiting for any correspondence from them, but I'm close to tearing my hair out - and that's just from just when I'm put on hold!!! I sent in the relevant information on February 22nd, and even when I finally got through to someone on [b:y3rj1h5l]March 20th[/b:y3rj1h5l], all she kept telling me was (in an I'm so bored tone of voice) "I dunno". All she kept telling me was that it was being processed but that's all she knew. I told her that a colleague of mine, sent in the same info, but recieved a letter of confirmation from them - I've had nowt! I registered for a pin number, to go online, and that's as much info I got from them, I got that letter yesterday. I'm driven demented when trying to get through to someone, I can't wait 20mins for someone to pick up the phone. I lost count the amount of times that bloody automated message said "I'm sorry, I can not understand your PPS number, please say it again" but then rambles on about other options. When HR gave me the template of the letter to send in, it had that I had to put in my bank account details. When my colleauge filled in the same letter, they didn't put in their bank details. They said that this is the reason why they got confirmation from them - even though their letter was sent a week after mine??? All I want to know, is am I getting anything, and if I am, will I get it within the next two weeks. Normally I'd just sit it out, but we're going away soon, and was hoping to have the money by then.
PussyGalore Posts: 3388
Ugh. That's a horror story alright. Do they just employ morons in there or do they genuinely not give a damn that they're being paid to do a job? Would there be any advantage in going into them, at least then they can't fob you off in person? I have to go in to our local wans tomorrow to try and get all my money back since they took more than half my earnings last week because of emergency tax. It had better not take months O:|
IvytheTerrible Posts: 950
I can't give any advice but a friend of mine told me that our tax office is no longer dealing with callers to the counter O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| , they are turning people away and telling them to ring. It might explain the length of time you have been waiting on the phone. I wouldn't be depending on the money for your hols TBH.
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
Oh I better get my act together today, but I'm so tired to even think straight. :zzzz: :zzzz: I just saw the girl from HR who gave me the template of the letter, and she couldn't believe it that I hadn't recieved anything yet, even confirmation. It looks like I'm going to be spending my lunch hour being put on hold, and/or having to repeat my PPS number to a fckg machine. O:| O:| O:| At this rate, I doubt I'll have the money for my holidays. Thankfully we put some away when I got paid, perfect timing as I got a small bonus too. We just want to make sure we can relax while we're away, not having to worry if we were able to afford this or that. As annoying as it is that they won't deal with the public face to face, I can sort of understand it - can you imagine the abuse they'd have to put up with day in, day out!!!