Clare Brides!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Sarahm93 Posts: 11
Any Clare Brides? Want to know where yer having yer reception. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
ShellyN88 Posts: 34
Hi SarahM93, We are having our reception in the Radisson there in Meelick. We went to see The Falls, The Inn @Dromoland, The Armada and The West County but went with the Radisson in the end! :)
lorrimar Posts: 837
We are having ours in the Lakeside hotel, Killaloe. It's a fabulous hotel with stunning gardens and scenery for the photos.
Nice. We viewed most of those places including The Oakwood Arms in Shannon and have decided to go with Shannon as it's easier for fiancés family to travel from Dublin. Another quick question. Have ye thought of the pre marriage course? I've no idea about it.
ShellyN88 Posts: 34
If you are getting married in a church it i a requirement and you should check with your priest prior to booking it as some priests can request specific courses! I think we are going to do the Accord one in Ennis - it costs €150 and there seems to be a course run each month.
Yes I checked with priest. Advised us on accord in Ennis too. Hoping to do it in the next few months. It's good they have a good lot of courses on.
smurph2015 Posts: 162
Hiya Sarahm93, we are also having our reception in The Oakwood in Shannon. We considered a few others but the Oakwood kinda stuck out to us. When are you getting married? might be good to compare notes ha ha! I am afraid I can't really help with the pre-marriage course as we aren't doing ours in clare but from what I've seen the accord one seems to be the most popular one to do.
Hi. Ya Shannon really stuck out to us. We loved it the minute we walked in. Not getting married for 2 years. How about you? :-)
smurph2015 Posts: 162
We are getting married this December. It is a gorgeous hotel.. I couldn't get over the size of the function room and the guest rooms.. I'll keep you posted on how things go. I've heard great reviews from people who have attended functions there.
WeddingWishes2017 Posts: 26
We are stuck between AnnaCarriga estate and Bunratty castle hotel.... Also looked at the falls, armada, doonbeg, but nothing seemed to jump out