Cleaner - am I being picky?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Busy Mom Posts: 2910
I have a girl who comes once a week for 2hrs. But lately I'm noticing things and am wondering if I'm being picky or if she's being lazy? Dining room table isn't pulled out to wash the floors under it If there are empty bottles etc in the bathroom she doesn't take them out Glass shower door is wiped but left smudgy/cloudy If i ask her to empty the dishwasher (if I haven't lots of ironing for her) the plates & bowls are mixed in the cupboards & the knives from the knife block are put in the cutlery drawer instead of in the block Sometimes there's toothpaste left on the bathroom taps So am I picky or should I say this to her
Jawl Posts: 8881
Well I would if you are paying her and having to re-do the work yourself.
ghostchild2 Posts: 6237
You are not sounding picky to me at all but just a thought does she have enough time to do all on your list or do you think she's rushing to get it all done?
katief Posts: 1900
No. she sounds like a lazy bint.
Perci Posts: 3847
[quote="ghostchild2":2ccyxin3]You are not sounding picky to me at all but just a thought does she have enough time to do all on your list or do you think she's rushing to get it all done?[/quote:2ccyxin3] I would think the same. 2 hrs is not a long time if you are expecting her to clean the house and do some ironing/emptying dishwashers etc. Our cleaner is in for 4 hours and we don't ask her to iron etc. She comes fortnightly though.
Busy Mom Posts: 2910
The max amount of ironing is 4 men's shirts. And it's only if I don't have the ironing that I ask her to do the dishwasher
ianstuart Posts: 1947
I dont think your being picky at all and it sounds like she is doing a rush job and if she had enough time at the start to get all the jobs on your list done then maybe its time to have a talk with her and if you dont like confrontation like this then why not get a new shower/ glass cleaner and tell her you got a new cleaner as you noticed a few smudges on the shower glass . Hopefully this will get your point across and harmony will be installed again
stylefreak Posts: 693
If you have to re-do it afterwards it would be time to have a word I'd say. There's no point in paying for a job you aren't happy with!
lux Posts: 6270
Not picky at all! Does the cleaner know what's expected of her? Could be that as you haven't said anything she's adopted an "Ah, sure it'll do attitude". I'd meet her face to face to pin down what you expect from her.
mammymcphee Posts: 4477
You dont sound picky at all :wv have a little word wit her tho :wv God id love a cleaner to come to my house they would want 8 hours tho :weep :weep