clonabreany house 2012

Go to All Things Wedding

excited bride1
New Wolly

Re: clonabreany house 2012

Postby excited bride1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:14 am

Ahh thanks very much, We tryed to book the mile high, but they were booked for our date. TThey seem really good. I will have a look at the others now thanks again

Sozzer
New Wolly

Postby Sozzer » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:48 am

I got married in Clonabreany this year - it was fab :-)
David Earl is a good up and coming photographer and will negotiate!

mrsgreen
New Wolly

Postby mrsgreen » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Sozzer!
glad you enjoyed clonabreany, ive visited a few times now since booking and think i like the place even more every time i go!
just wondering where in clonabreany did you do photos if you did photos there at all? where did you have you ceremony either and do photos after that?
will check out david earl too, thanks for the recommendation.

:)

Sozzer
New Wolly

Postby Sozzer » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:25 am

Hey MrsGreen,
We didn't want to take a lot of posed photos, there were a lot more candid photos of people chatting etc, so I'm not sure if I'll be much help on that front - however we did take a few group shots in the yard at the back of the main house - the stone house that the owners live in is a nice backdrop, also at the front door of clonabreany house, and finally under the stone archway. I have seen some nice photos taken down around the cottages and the trees down there but I just didn't want to spend that much time at it. The surrounding countryside is so natural there, you'll have no problems :-) Then if you need to go indoors, upstairs they have a nice little couch on the landing which was useful for arranging groups of friends.

excited bride1
New Wolly

Postby excited bride1 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:23 pm

Hey, thanks for that, i will look in to him. Their is some nice pics on their face bookpage. Which could give you an idea for photos

mrsgreen
New Wolly

Postby mrsgreen » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:40 pm

thanks sozzler!
was thinking the balcony in the main house would be a good spot if needed for indoors. appreciate the ideas otherwise-hopefully we'll get a good enough photographer who will visit the place beforehand and have their own ideas. dont wanna do too many posed photos ourselves but have to keep the mother of the bride happy and do some!!

Lillian West
Amy7
New Wolly

Postby Amy7 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi all,
I just signed up to this site! I am hoping to book Clonabreany soon for summer 2012 and would love to hear how you are all getting on with the planning, how good the service is and if there have been any hiccups along the way?!

featherslucey
New Wolly

Postby featherslucey » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:41 pm

Hi guys - just reading the information above, we are in the process of booking for 2013 and looking for some more feedback -

One of my concerns is that the bar in the main house closes at 2am - did anyone negotiate this or manage to extend this?? Also did any brides to be have a day after event in Clonabreany? Although its remote and fab we're trying to think outside the box in relation to day after events in case people are looking for an activity!!

Any more feedback or advice on this venue would be much appreciated :-) :-)

missussunshine
Mini Wolly

Postby missussunshine » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:13 am

Hi ladies.. We got married in Clonabreany back in October.. seems so far away now :weep . We were torn over the €5000 fee initially too but in the end we loved the place so much we pushed the boat out. Anyway what i wanted to say to ye was we had the weekend of our lives and i cant think of anywhere that could have surpassed it. The whole set up is so professional and friendly and they genuinely make you feel like nothing is a problem, which it wasnt. I have never come across staff like them and thats being 100% honest, my ma still raves about them :o0 . The setting is amazing and it really is a home away from home for the time ye are there.
If anyone has any questions or i can help with anything just holler cos i know when we were planning ours there wasnt a whole lot of Clonabreany brides to ask.
Good luck with the planning ladies.

excited bride1
New Wolly

Postby excited bride1 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:59 pm

Ah i love hearing post like these, so excited. I was also wondering if anyone had planned something for the next day and was the bbq enough, or did anyone put food on later as well. Also does anyone know any good hair and make up people in the area. Sorry for all the questions, but live in england so is really difficult to find any on the internet. Thankkksss

PreviousNext

Go to All Things Wedding

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T