Clontarf

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lucylocket Posts: 300
Hi, Does anyone live in Clontarf? I have a friend that is re-locating from the US and she looking to move there with her family. Can anyone provide some feedback on the area regarding amenities and primary schools in the area as she has a 7 year old daughter. Thanks a million LL
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Hey lived there for a few years. Lovely area, houses would be on the expensive side so would be a lot of well-to-do people. Lots of good schools. Would be good kids sports clubs, tennis club etc Also right by the sea which is really nice, Dollymount beach is lovely for a stroll , have never swam in it but am sure it's icy! Very close to town for shopping or work Has the dart St Annes Park is really nice for walking, nice playground, market etc
lucylocket Posts: 300
Thanks Mini Donkey Would you be able to recommend any schools? LL
PrettyWoman Posts: 1233
If I had to move back to Dublin the only place I would live would ce clontarf. I love the area. It has a really nice atmosphere and being by the sea is great. Very close to the city and howth. As pp said, is on the expensive side but I'm sure houses are much more affordable now
Twilight81 Posts: 47
hey, Schools for a 7year old would be Belgrove GNS and Greenlanes ( that what we used to call it anyway,not sure thats the official name!). There's also St Brigids GNS in Killester and 1 or 2 more in Raheny, you could google the schools, i cant remember their names. Killester and Raheny are only a drive away if she finds it difficult to get a place in the schools in Clontarf. Hth
coco11 Posts: 309
[quote="Twilight81":pt6rakqm]hey, Schools for a 7year old would be Belgrove GNS and Greenlanes ( that what we used to call it anyway,not sure thats the official name!). There's also St Brigids GNS in Killester and 1 or 2 more in Raheny, you could google the schools, i cant remember their names. Killester and Raheny are only a drive away if she finds it difficult to get a place in the schools in Clontarf. Hth[/quote:pt6rakqm] +1 Belgrove is a great school
gillette Posts: 1803
Holy Faith (girls only) is meant to be very good
MINI DONKEY Posts: 2499
Yeah would agree with the schools the others have mentioned. Belgrove is the main one in Clontarf but there are at least 3 other good ones in Raheny and Killester
lcarrick Posts: 1639
i went to st brigids gns killester. it a reall good primary school. and the principal in there is brilliant!
Kittyboo Posts: 1591
Clontarf is a lovely area to live in. Very close the beach, not too far away from the city and Howth. Near train stations (Harmstown and Killester) and a few bus routes. Schools in the area would be Belgrove, St. Paul's College Secondary (Boys), Holy Faith Clontaf and Holy Faith Killester, Manor House Secondary School Raheny (Girls) Scoil Aine/Scoil Assim in Raheny (Primary) and you can get bus/train to Santa Sabina Girl Secondary School in Sutton, Sutton Park School (Primary and Secondary) and St Fintan's Boys School. There's a rugby club in Clonarf and Raheny GAA, Westwood Health and Fitness centre on your way to Clontarf. Then of course there's St. Anne's Park. I'd live in Clontarf if I could afford a house there.....they are a bit on the pricey side.