Clothes emergency!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Emme Posts: 4735
I had ordered a lovely dress off Asos last week for a christening on Saturday. I'm godmother so have to be fancy enough. Anyway, it didn't arrive. Tonight is the only chance I'll get to go shopping and I don't know where to start. Don't want to spend a fortune,. Haven't seen anything suitable on topshop website that suits and anyway the range in the shop is poor at best! So help! Any suggestions for the city centre? Up until now I've been buying everything online!
tweeness Posts: 340
Damn asos anyway! O:| What about Dorothy Perkins or Next?? I know they've had new stuff in recently, so they might have something dressier than normal?? Fingers crossed!!!! :wv
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Principles have been a lot less fuddy duddy recently and I saw some nice dresses in there last week?? www.hipbaby.ie
Thanks girls, Never thought of those two - didn't even know they had a maternity range! I'm raging with Asos and no doubt it'll turn up in the morning but can't take the chance!
hipbaby Posts: 4530
Emme I shoudl of said the dress in principles wasn't maternity but it was empire shape so gathered under the bust and then flowing if you know what I mean! Also look at Monsoon, again not directly maternity and a bit pricey but they might have something :wv www.hipbaby.ie
Toni Baloney Posts: 544
There's a gorgeous navy silk dress on the Next website, not sure how you'd accessorise with the current weather as it does look a bit summery... Also saw a lovely jersey patterned dress in Next last weekend (cant find it on website), am going buying it Saturday, you could definately dress it up. Good luck.
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Got a fab little black dress in the Dorothy Perkins maternity range on Saturday.
Is there a Dorothy P around Grafton street? I have awful varicose veins as well so whatever I get black tights has to go with it!
sapphire09 Posts: 393
I got a lovely black maternity dress in Next a while back, only €40 aswell, really comfy material, a wrap over style neckline with little ruffle on neckline and short sleeves. Empire line band with tie to side. You could dress it up with nice jewellry and shoes/bag etc. HTH xx
Emomc Posts: 2069
I have picked up a few nice dresses in A Wear-not maternity just a size/two sizes bigger. They have lots of empire line stuff and its really perfect.