Clothes getting tighter

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

whoop whoop Posts: 1616
Hey all. When did people feel they started to 'show' or get a bit bigger around the middle? I feel my clothes are tighter, but that could just be...well...Christmas!! Another question - what do people do in the months after their clothes start to get tighter but before you actually need maternity clothes? Do you just go a size up? Or just change the style of clothes? Or just stick to dresses and leggings or something? Or do you go for...dare I say it...elasticated waist trousers?? Not sure how this all works. Advice from those further on would be greatly appreciated!!
MrsAC Posts: 1190
I bought 1 pair of maternity jeans and wore them no more than 3 times and 1 pair of mayernity work trouser that got me through the pregnancy , other that that i just stuck with leggings and dresses , and in tops i just went with a size bigger as i found maternity clothes r mistly horrible
bobby2012 Posts: 644
I find maternity clothes to be aweful and just unreasonably overpriced. I used tops with looser lowr part or blouses for all my pregnancies. Trousers/jeans wise, I found I did need maternity ones because they're worth it for comfort's sake in this case. So I have 1 pair of jeans and a couple pairs of work trousers that did/will get me through all the pregnancies. I never wear leggins, even pregnancy won't make me, so that's out for me. I don't think there is a time as such as to when you're supposed to move into maternity wear. It's up to you and your body. I found myself moving on to trousers around the 3-4 months time for comfort's sake, held off with tops for a couple more months, but this time I'm only 20 weeks but showing a lot so I've been in 'maternity' tops for a month or so now.
-
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
I felt myself getting very bloated from very early on, so in maternity trousers since 12 weeks, just for comfort Will be 24 weeks tomorrow and its just in the last 2/3 weeks that I have "popped" and needed maternity trousers For tops, I went into penneys and bought tops in a size up
whoop whoop Posts: 1616
[quote="bobby2012":2x422dd3] I never wear leggins, even pregnancy won't make me, so that's out for me. [/quote:2x422dd3] I have to say I feel the same (and I think my husband might leave me if I wear leggings...!!!) So it's great to hear what alternatives there are out there, cos I can totally see the attraction of them now!
[quote="whoop whoop":18xwe2es][quote="bobby2012":18xwe2es] I never wear leggins, even pregnancy won't make me, so that's out for me. [/quote:18xwe2es] I have to say I feel the same (and I think my husband might leave me if I wear leggings...!!!) [/quote:18xwe2es] That! :) Leggings or uggs are deal brakers.
katiemomma Posts: 2690
I don't wear trousers or jeans just dresses every day so it was tights or leggings under them. And tights in pregnancy are so uncomfortable. I have no problem with leggings. Uggs however are another story all together. Never ever would I wear them. I bought tops in h&m and a dress in new look or else bigger sizes in penneys. I did buy a few bits in a boutique that Dh got me a voucher for. Got things in their Xmas sale so worked out just as cheap as other shops but better quality I found. I was expecting twins last time and didn't need maternity clothes til well over the 20 week mark.
katiemomma Posts: 2690
I'm 28 so maybe it's an age thing re the leggings. Not sure though but I think once you style it right it can look good. Some maternity items can make you look older, or bigger!
Silini2 Posts: 3834
On last pregnancy I wore tons Of dresses with leggings. Found them very comfy and looked nice with boots. I did wear a good few maternity jeans after awhile. I found a grew out of some towards the end...