clothes smelly after washing them

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

joer Posts: 1617
any advice for this? I used to be able to put my wash on before bed, and then hang out or on the horse the next morning, now my clothes seem to stink of damp when I take them out of the machine, even straight after the cycle has ended, or they dry and then start to smell so have to be washed all over again!!!!!!!!! it's becoming a nightmare, I did try and do a wash with just some comfort to try get rid of the smell.. my machine is only about a year old, a hotpoint.. thanks
Cathy34 Posts: 1068
which washing powder do you use?
sinnita Posts: 73
Joeyjay i used to find this with my machine (also a Hotpoint and only 1 year old) but i reduced the size of the loads i was putting on and this seemed to work for me.
normally Bold 2 in 1, but this week just Aldi tablets cause I've not gone to the market for the big bold... I also put in some Comfort concentrate, or Alid Comfort Concentrate.. with Calgon or similar do the trick???
good thinking Sinnita, I do have that much that maybe I'm putting in too much!
fifibelle Posts: 4447
What washing powder do you use? I find that if I use anything except Ariel Gel my clothes smell slight of damp!
Cathy34 Posts: 1068
I use Fairy Non Bio and I dont use conditioner - smells lovely
fifibelle Posts: 4447
[quote="joeyjay":132s4f2c]normally Bold 2 in 1, but this week just Aldi tablets cause I've not gone to the market for the big bold... I also put in some Comfort concentrate, or Alid Comfort Concentrate.. with Calgon or similar do the trick???[/quote:132s4f2c] If I use Aldi my clothes smell awful!
sinnita Posts: 73
try it and see if it makes a difference. My OH's shirts especially used to smell even whan washed but i halved the amount i was putting into the machine and now they smell gorgeous when washed!
Time For A Change Posts: 6885
I have the same problem-even when I take the clothes straight out of the machine after the wash. The really weird thing is that sometimes it's only a couple of items that are smelly-as if they've been sitting in the machine for ages. We use Daz powder so I'm wondering should we change?