Clothes tight already?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

YumYum Posts: 482
Hi there, I have been in my trackies and wrap dresses this last week but went to put on my "big" jeans last night and i could not leave them buttoned, couldn't believe it. :eek So this morning, pulled out my "big" work trousers and I have had to leave the button open on them. This is lower down on my belly, like hipster trousers so it's not bloating. I didn;t think that I would find a change in clothes yet, but at the same time, I'm secretly delighted :heartbeat: Anyone else notice this so early on or is this the time we would be noticing our clothes tight?
dovedro Posts: 1295
Hi YumYum Yep I was the same from very early on, had to wear my "fatter" clothes as my tummy was big. I think it is bloatedness though as they say your uterus doesn't come up over your pubic bone until around 14 weeks My consultant told me I prob wouldn't show until 20 weeks and I was like yeah right as I was 9.5 weeks and wearing really loose clothes. However at 18 weeks now I have a little bump but it's still very easily hiden in baggy clothes so I don't think i'll show (as in a stranger noticing I'm pregnant) for another few weeks. I'm dying for a proper pregnancy bump now as i still feel like a little blob! Everyone is different though as some show earlier than others
Elliecat Posts: 2725
Yep, I definitely felt bigger from early on, but its not baby yet, the sac is still way down behind the pelvic bone, so it is probably just bloating. I didn't get my 'bump' till about 18 weeks and thats when you'll notice the difference to what you have now.
Wannabamama Posts: 481
I have a bit of a tummy alright, but it look more like I have put on a few pounds, clothes still fit but sometime I have to open the top button. Definitely think its water retention and bloating thought a some days its fine. I cant wait for a proper bump :o0
YumYum Posts: 482
Mine is very very low down, just at the top of my lady area ( :-8 ). i love low cut jeans and trousers, but looks like I will have to go for the high waisted ones for a while. But its great :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Yup, me too, Ive been a bit worried about it as I dont want to gain more weight than needed - ie I dont want to diet I want to gain all the weight I should but not pile on pounds I shouldnt.....sorry Im rambling. Anyways - I already have jeans that I have put away till next year/for good.
mumof2 Posts: 3864
Yup, me too, Ive been in maternity trousers since week 8. I was very bloated esp at night and got worried that by the 12 weeks Iwould be huge, but I am not - I have not put up any weight since week 7 but it has turned a bit more from bloated to being a bump - I wouldn't worry about it at all. When I got to week 10 I had a huge clear out and put away loads of stuff that I wouldn't/couldn't wear till next year - my wardrobe is now full of maternity stuff already - for comfort more than anything else as my normal pants were digging into me by the end of the day
tras Posts: 1460
I'm completely bloated, feeling huge. All of my jeans are way too tight and I have to wear loose clothes- had to go in to New Look on Sunday to buy a few cheapy things cos everything I have makes me look bloody massive.
oirish Posts: 1541
I've noticed i'm a lot more bloated in the evenings no matter what i've eaten. I like it tho- what used to be an offensive bane of my life spare tire is now my baby's house hehe :o0
Wanna Baby Posts: 58
Thank God it's not just me!! I have my big pants on today and can't even close the button! Only 7 wks gone too!! My mam was saying - 'Ah you have a bump already' but I was like - 'no just fat'!! Don't care though!!