Menu

Clueless can anyone help with some queries?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Wannabamama Posts: 481
Can anyone advise me, im totally clueless and having been wondering about a few things? On my list of things to bring to the hospital it had 5 pairs of baby socks, do babies wear socks under their sleep suit? When would baby wear a romper suit as opposed to a babygrow? Does baby need to wear a hat in the hospital, or do you just need one for going home. How many layers does baby need to wear in hospital? When should I go and be measured for Nursing Bras? Sorry for all the questions, I have too much time on my hands at the moment and spend my days thinking about all these things. Thanks
mammybean Posts: 10364
Jamie was early so we had socks on him under babygrow. we also had ahat permaently on his head. when you say romper suit what do you mean? i have things here that we never used and they say romber suit, its like a shorts and t shirt all in one thing? dunno where i was going buying it for a december baby. TBH from the day and hour we brought Jamie home he wears clothes in the day and babygrow at night til about 6 weeks when he wore jammies or baby grow. the hospitals can be warm but the baby is used to the heat inside of you, so usually vest, babygrown and cardi. hat and possibly mittens. The baby grows with intergrated mittens are great. HTH
mammybean Posts: 10364
dont forget cot sheets. they use the disposable pillow cases in the hospital here. also i would avise bringing your own pillow cses or even pillows!
Thanks Mammy Bean, By romper suits i mean what looks a bit like a baby grow, its an all in one suit but it has no feet, they have three-quater lenght trousers.
poppy1 Posts: 596
[quote:38fag8d0]On my list of things to bring to the hospital it had 5 pairs of baby socks, do babies wear socks under their sleep suit? When would baby wear a romper suit as opposed to a babygrow? Does baby need to wear a hat in the hospital, or do you just need one for going home. How many layers does baby need to wear in hospital? When should I go and be measured for Nursing Bras? Sorry for all the questions, I have too much time on my hands at the moment and spend my days thinking about all these things. [/quote:38fag8d0] Is a romper suit a woolier baby gro!! they only need these out and about. Baby needs 4 layers over them so 1 cellular (holey blanket) folded 4 times, with a vest and babygro on them Get measured for bra after 36 wks Not sure about the hat in hosp unless they are premature, but they would have to wear one out and about... hope this helps if you are going to the ante natal classes they will go through all this with you anyway!!
Thanks Poppy, Going to our ante-natal class next Saturday so maybe all will become apparent. :thnk
missc Posts: 875
We were told to bring a hat for the delivery ward and another for going home, apart from that about 5 babygros, vests, and mittens. dont think you need the socks if you use the babygros with feet in them. Oh and cardigans seems to be pretty important too cant wait :o)ll