CM and urine question

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Is anyone at my stage having alot of CM I keep feeling dribbles downstairs and also my urine is quite dark and smelly,my friend in work said I need more water but im trying to drink lots of water and milk...
NotHere Posts: 10273
Hi dolly :wv I just noticed today that my pee is getting strong smelling again like at the beginning of my pregnancy. And CM has been more or less constant for me. HTH *)
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Always had lots of cm since becoming pregnant.... sometimes more pungent than others! haven't noticed anything different in the pee though.
Funny thing is that although for about a week I was waking wanting to pee it stopped and im probably only going about 3/4 times a day,I really think im retaining fluid.My rings barely went on me yesterday :-8 :-8 and another pair of trousers have been thrown on the scrap heap :o(
Last 2 nights I didn't get up to pee, that hasn't happened in weeks. Maybe things are just easing off?
jen2 Posts: 3106
CM was the same for me. Doc said it was done to hormonal change. Pee smelling and dark can be due to folic acid and iron. Iron makes me pee very dark. Jen2
[quote="Flutterby.":3l6ek2tn]Last 2 nights I didn't get up to pee, that hasn't happened in weeks. Maybe things are just easing off?[/quote:3l6ek2tn] Could be I wish my eating habits would ease off,im so shitting it the Gyne will give me an ear full over my weight,my stomach is huge! :o(
[quote="jen2":lao69xc3]CM was the same for me. Doc said it was done to hormonal change. Pee smelling and dark can be due to folic acid and iron. Iron makes me pee very dark. Jen2[/quote:lao69xc3] Could be the Folic Acid alright not on iron,when should you stop Folic Acid if at all?
I've heard that you stop taking folic acid after the first trimester. And on the Babycentre weekly e-mails it says you can stop in week 12. I only have a few left so I'll be stopping soon. Maybe wait until your scan so you have your dates straight?
Perci Posts: 3847
I've had constant CM through my pregnancy so far but no real change in urine. I never used to get up during the night for a pee and still don't. My consultant actually said that while folic acid is very important, it only does its job between 6 & 8wks of pregnancy. So you can carry on taking it throughout but it won't really do you any good. I'm taking mine as part of a multi vitamin so I'm going to keep on taking it.