coffee bean ,is it a girl?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

funnymummy Posts: 329
hi girls i had a scan a few weeks ago and there was a trainee doc with the cons when they were scannng me,it was great as it was a very detailed scan as he was pointing out everything to me.when it came to the lower region the doc asked the trainee cann you see the sex,at this i cringed as i hadent decided if i wanted to know but secretly felt if they told me id be delighted iukwim.anyway the trainee whispered coffee bean to the cons...now im convinced its a girl.. can anyone confirm this for me.?obv im havent bought any pink and i have to admit i have had a feeling all along that its a girl....
borntobeamammy Posts: 324
haha never heard of that one,coffee bean as suppose to what???? If you look at a coffee bean it has a line thru it and i suppose it could look like a female body in the lower region if you get me.Id love to know what they say for a boy???? :o0 we dont know what i am having but im convinced im having a girl xx Anyone know anything about this ??? would love to know too
i know...my dh was quite offended by it,esp if its a boy and they calling it that.. :o0 makes more sense to be a girl..maybe he said it to throw me..... :)
LastRolo Posts: 6892
coffee bean.......as to..........banana??? :o0 :o0
Barbersrock Posts: 131
Hi Girls, When i went for my big scan the lady who was scanning me referred to the baby as "He" at the very start in which my husband picked up on, I didn't cop it as I was glued to the screen but when she got to the bum part she asked if id like to know the sex of the baby (which I would have loven to) but my husband said no, now I am wondering did she just refer to "He" to throw us off because if she thought she slipped up why would she ask if I wanted to know the sex of the baby, I think she would have just let it slip quitely hoping we didn't hear....I suppose il find out in a few months!! :stork: Did anyone have an experience like this? :babydust:
i think they always refer to it as a he when they are doing the scans etc,well they def did on my last pregnancy but i did go on to have a son...... god we are suspicious...... :o0
mrs smurphy Posts: 105
or they could of said coffee bean coz they could see something down there the size of a coffee bean meaning boy?! haha. i think the guessing game is all part of the fun
delgirl Posts: 1706
dont know about the coffee bean - :o0 but on my scans they always refer to babs as he and I know that I am having a girl. Have had a few extra for different reasons, i think they just need a pronoun to use when describing all the organs etc and most tend to say he. But yes you do get so curious and wonder what if?
marles Posts: 1397
At my 12 week scan the consultant called it "He",and repeated it through the scan,but its way too early to tell,so for me I took as just being the habit of the consultant.
broody chick 09 Posts: 158
lastrole...very good comment..had a good laugh.. :yelrotflmaosmilie: