cold bump

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gingham Posts: 3014
hey girls, I have a bad cold at the momment....am drinking hot drinks and staying inbed. I have been getting the sweats all night so my temperature must be high. Anyway throughout the night no matter how wrapped up i was, my bump was cold...everywhere else was roasting and then this cold bump, was so strange....loads of baby movement this morning so all must be okay... would this be normal and just the bodies way of keeping the baby at the right temperature or do i need to put on another layer(cant really with this cold, im roasting as it is...) anyone come across this before
mrs.july Posts: 3167
My bump always has a different temperature to the rest of my body!!!It's usually really cold but sometimes it can be roasting-presume it's natures way of regulating temperature???
Gingham Posts: 3014
Thanks Mrs July...I was so worried about the baby having the sweats in there but it must be fine if the bump is cold....will leave it be at whatever temperature its ment to be at...My sister mentioned something to me about the amniotic fluid will adjust as needs be so it could be something to do with that
red_rubies Posts: 2424
Yeah, this is something I find highly amusing! No matter how warm I am, myt bump is always colder! I could be absolutely roasting (which I am most of the time!) & my bump stays cold. I wouldn't worry about it.