Coldsore on the way what can i take 10 weeks pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

May 08 Wife Posts: 1642
I can feel a coldsore on the way and i have a wedding at the weekend so need a quick solution. Im also 10 weeks pregnant is it safe to take lysine or what can i take/use?
Duncelt Posts: 460
I had one myself about 2 weeks ago and used my usual virasorb (similar to zovirax (sp) and was shocked to read on here that your not suppose to use anything. It never even dawned on me. :duh: :duh:
boodlesdoodles Posts: 900
I posted the other day in OT i think about Cymex, im sure its safe to use during pregnancy. To be honest girls, i wouldnt worry too much about products you may have accidently used that are not recommended during pregnancy. The reason a lot of products state this, is that they have never been formally tested on pregnant women, so they cant say its definitely safe. Because what normal pregnant woman is going to volunteer for a trial to test the effects of any product on their unborn child, just in case?! So thats the only reason a product may not specifically say its safe during pregnancy, they are covering their own backsides and err on the side of caution.
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
[quote="BoodlesDoodles":1z0i52y6]I posted the other day in OT i think about Cymex, im sure its safe to use during pregnancy.[/quote:1z0i52y6] I used cymex in early pregnancy when had coldsore and I checked with my GP as I'd a visit at the time and he said he didn't see a problem using it, he checked his book to clarify and nothing was showing up.
Duncelt Posts: 460
[quote="BoodlesDoodles":3o7ja4dw]I posted the other day in OT i think about Cymex, im sure its safe to use during pregnancy. To be honest girls, i wouldnt worry too much about products you may have accidently used that are not recommended during pregnancy. The reason a lot of products state this, is that they have never been formally tested on pregnant women, so they cant say its definitely safe. Because what normal pregnant woman is going to volunteer for a trial to test the effects of any product on their unborn child, just in case?! So thats the only reason a product may not specifically say its safe during pregnancy, they are covering their own backsides and err on the side of caution.[/quote:3o7ja4dw] OMG - that makes soooo much sence - fair play to you - i'd never thought of it like that!!!!! :duh: :duh: :duh: Thanks for clarifying
everhopeful Posts: 76
I had my first hospital appointment the other day and I asked my doc if Zovirax was safe, and she said it was fine.