coldsore remedies?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

alton Posts: 3077
what is safe to use on a coldsore while pregnant?
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
To be honest, I'm not sure as I didn't check the directions as I have been using the compete plasters any time I get a coldsore. I'd say they are ok, as they are outside the body, and don't contain a cream that is absorbent into your skin. I have been taking a vitimin B supplement, and they work wonders at keeping coldsores away altogether. HTH sue
volvic35 Posts: 1118
I know this may make you laugh but when I feel a coldsore coming along, I spray the smallest bit of my perfume on it, and it kills it there and then,
survivor Posts: 2507
I know Zoivirax and any of its aciclovar containing clones are not recommended. The chemist suggested I try Cymex. Its good for chapped sore lips too so it might be a good buy for the whole winter. They didnt recommend I use compeed.
pigeonwife Posts: 3789
I use tea tree oil. Dab a bit directly on coldsore with a qtip. Always clears them up straight away.
kinder Posts: 504
a dab of Vodka straight onto it.... Works for me.. and after 10 months of no vodka I might just start dabbing my lips daily :xxs
alton Posts: 3077
[quote:7cuqkwqj]a dab of Vodka straight onto it.... Works for me.. and after 10 months of no vodka I might just start dabbing my lips daily[/quote:7cuqkwqj] :yelrotflmaosmilie: just the excuse I needed thanks for the replies.
Giant Underpants Posts: 953
My doctor told me zovirax cream was fine to use, and I have used it since getting pregnant - but if you can get away with just dabbing perfume on it then the less chemicals you come into contact with the better.