Coldsore treatment ?!!!!!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madhatter01 Posts: 495
Is there anything I can use for this that i can buy over the counter? Its driving me mad. and its so ugly O:|
Martiespride Posts: 997
ive had them all my life and the best thing to do is to let it dry out. all the creams under the sun wont work, they only keep them moist ( i hate that word!!!)
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I thought zovirax was ok but apparently it's not! My doc told me all you can use when pregnant is vaseline! :o(
alton Posts: 3077
I don't know if it actually works, but I've read that coffee grounds are good for coldsores. If you get it at the tingle stage, ice can help keep it in check (but it's too late for that). A pharmacist once told me that it's caused by a deficiency of certain vitamins (can't remember which ones) so maybe a vitamin supplement (if your gp approves) might help prevent reoccurances. Sorry can't think of anything that would help right now.
madhatter01 Posts: 495
thanks girls been lashing on the vaseline and it is actually heloing so thanks for the replies! O-O
sandym Posts: 774
thank god someone else started this thread..i'ev been sporting a nice one the size of my head with a week and nothing was helping..think i;ll give the lashing of vaseline a go..going out tonight..need it gone asap!
lovebug997 Posts: 4034
I got a coldsore when I was about 14 weeks and was lashing on the zovirax! Never even thought that it might not be ok to use! When it was almost cleared up I thought about it and mentioned that I had used it to my doc at the next visit and he said he was sure that it was ok! Babs is still growing perfectly!
babybrain Posts: 592
all coldsore creams zovirax etc are a no-no when pregnant. both doc and pharmacist confirmed this. You can however use the new coldsore clear plaster things as all they do is block out the oxygen to stop the coldsore from growing. hope you can get rid of it..they're a total pain!