colic and constipation aptimel

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

windycity Posts: 2241
hi girls, moving ds to this today as he has bad constipation and gets bad wind.. Is this a massive move that will cause more problems for him? i hope not. Hes already on regular Aptimel
BusyDee Posts: 8527
This is the comfort one right? I changed dd to that at about 8 weeks from the no 1 aptamil as she had very bad wind and was spewing up a lot, didn;t actually have colic or constipation!! But doc recommended it anyway as it's a thicker formula. I just changed it at the next feed and had no problems, she was on it till a year old. I changed ds to it aswell about 2 weeks ago as he has reflux but I didn;t find a great improvement so changed him to sma staydown. Again I just changed it and didn't notice any problems.
Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
This is what I use for my little lad; the Aptamil Comfort (for colic and constipation). He was colicky born. I was feeding myself for 12 days and topping up with Aptamil (regular) and then just bottles on their own. We've never looked back since him being on the Comfort Formula. Now, it does take up to 2 weeks for them to settle with their new formula and word of warning, their poo will have a greenish hue off of it! Only my sister told me about this I would have freaked out. Best of luck x
windycity Posts: 2241
thanks girls! His second day on it and he FINALLY went to the loo :-) We make up our bottles in advance and store in the fridge but now with the comfort its sticking to the bottom of the bottle. .