Colour Confusion!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsAmy Posts: 983
So, I'm getting married in August at an old country house, with marquee in the garden, and doing an afternoon tea reception... My question is this... My dress is sort of an antique gold colour... what colour dresses should I get for my bridesmaids?? I will probably keep the flowers simple, probably cream roses and peonies, but what colour bm dress will go with creamy/gold wedding dress?
Sexilexi Posts: 142
O I think cappuccino would be lovely check out Jessica Simpsons bridesmaids dresses she had were this color O-O
Persephone Posts: 928
Love your dress. I think a dusty rose would go really well with it. Maybe something like this: [img:2n99yora]http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/250/draft_lens17663959module148392526photo_12982586652.jpg[/img:2n99yora]
flor Posts: 1621
hey, i agree with snookie on the dusky pink - think copper looks beautiful mixed in with it, brings out the gold : [attachment=2:psblx2lj]5551861756_b525987b3a.jpg[/attachment:psblx2lj] [attachment=1:psblx2lj]copperdustyrose.jpg[/attachment:psblx2lj] soft turquoise looks nice too: [attachment=0:psblx2lj]art-nouveau-wedding-ideas.jpg[/attachment:psblx2lj]
LittleLily Posts: 3682
The minute I saw your dress I thought of the dusky pink as suggested previously. It would be fab for an August wedding
MrsAmy Posts: 983
Thanks for all the replies!! I had thought of that dusty rose kinda colour alright, it can look lovely with the creamy gold... Would having them in simple, knee length cream/champagne dresses be too boring? I love neutral palettes, I think it looks stunning! But I don't want to mistake simple and elegant for bland and nondescript!