Colour Me Beautiful

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Princess Lisa Posts: 379
Hey there! Just wondering if anyone has ever had their colours done by a colour me beautiful stylist?? I'm thinking of getting a session for my mam as a gift as she's majorly stressed over what to wear and what colours will suit her and go with the BM dresses. I'd be v. interested in your feedback?? really want to destress her as much as possible and I think it would be fun for her as well!
limerick10 Posts: 18
i did this a few years ago, it was a present from friends I thought it wasn't worth the money tbh. you sit in a chair and they get all these different colour materials and drap them over you and go look how that brings out your eyes etc seriously I couldn't really see the difference. I mean it was obviously with some colours but I was told not to wear red but that coral and pinks suited me. Then maybe I'm not the most fashionable person and also i was quite young and to really get value for money i should have just told them questions and not sat there muted!! On the flip side one of my friends also did it and she started to wear completely different colours to what she used to and she looked fab
LittleFoot Posts: 480
Hi, I'm in the process of doing a similar course and we all got our colours done during the course, it is fantastic! I have all the shades that suit my colouring in a wallet which you bring with you when you go shopping so there are no mistakes when choosing a particular garment. I would also recommend getting the style done as it is just as important to get the right clothes to suit her body shape. When we got volunteers in, you could really see their confidence had grown by the time they left and they were much happier as they really could see how some of the shades could make a positive impact on their colouring. I would highly recommend for everyone to get your colour and image done! Hope this helps!
thanks limerick10 - that was informative. So If I do go ahead with it I'll make sure we come prepared with plenty of questions. I was looking at doing it in the Limerick area (Newcastlewest) and then afterwards taking Mam to some of the lovely boutiques there as her homework :o0 would you mind me asking if you have any idea on how much it cost?
thanks christmasgirl - I do think she'd benefit and it would ease her mind as well. She's terrified of seeing the photos afterwards and realising that the outfit did nothing for her! :o)ll
JuliaItaly Posts: 922
You could also buy one of Trinny and Susannah's books which go through all the colours suitable for different complexions, eyes and hair colour. Their books also tell you what the best shaped clothes are to suit the different parts of your body, boobs, legs, waist etc.
snap JuliaItaly :o0 she has a few of them as christmas pressies over the years...I remember she got one where Trinny said that people should never wear beige so she promptly threw out every item of beige clothing! the books are v. good but I think she'd like a 1:1 meeting. she loves shows like 'what not to wear' and 'how to look good naked' :thnk
JuliaItaly Posts: 922
I think Trinny and Susannah have some strict rules like a certain colour doesn't suit you, they say black doesn't suit my colouring at all but to be honest everyone says it looks really good on me and I think it looks well too. I think you have to read those books and follow the broad rules as opposed to going on everything they say. I hope your mam finds a lovely outfit. :wv
limerick10 Posts: 18
i really can't remember how much it cost as it was a few years ago but i think it was around EUR110 I'm glad i didn't put you off but i was just immature and too cool to ask questions IYKWIM
totally limerick10 and I appreciate your honesty!