Colour?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Oct2009Bride Posts: 30
Hi all, I'm getting married next year and trying to start the colour scheme. I really want to have blue (deep blue) its always been my fav colour. I'm starting to have doubts though as it seems hard to match with flowers?? Could any1 give any advice or let me no if they're having blue??? Thanks :o)ll
sonopotere Posts: 1124
I am having royal blue dresses and am thinking of this now myself. I met with a florist last week and she suggested blue hydrangias/enenemies(not sure about wording. sry) with white roses and calla lillies too. Would love to hear about other flowers too though cos im not sure these are really a deep blue? The only other I can think of is Iris's?
Thanks for that, i will have a look at them ones have a few nice ones on the internet i think iris is more of a purple thoug. Its hard to know what flowers are in season when i'm getting married.
missymoo09 Posts: 210
Im am going for blue too (unless BM shopping tomorrow changes our minds) I showed our florist a sample colour of what I am thinking of having and she is going to add a little suttle dark blue to the boquet and then she is going to wrap the stems in the same colour as the dresses in Organza. My mind could change tomorrow but to be honest I dont think I am going to go far wrong and you wont either, a fab colour. Been to so many weddings the past few years and no blue BM's so this will be a first for our clan!
I have just found a lovely boquet on the internet does anyone no how i can attatch it, think ye will like it if ur going for blue 2. Last comment your florist sounds like she knows what she'd doing, i will prob feel better when i have picked a florist!!!
missymoo09 Posts: 210
Oh you will I was amazed the ideas she has come up with and is so so reasonably priced too.. PM me if you want her details, I spent a few weeks looking for the right florist and now that I found her, Im delighted
blink Posts: 821
i saw pictures recently and I think it was on here of navy dresses with colourful bouqets, they were gorgeous. Multi coloured oranges and pinks I think. I also came up with this http://www.ebony-weddings.com/images/fl ... _blue4.jpg and this http://blogs1.marthastewart.com/photos/ ... lparty.jpg and this http://www.westchestermagazine.com/Medi ... remony.jpg
hs_easter Posts: 207
i am having dark blue bridesmaids and was originally having blue in my flowers. now things are gone completley the other way. no blue anywhere. going with orange in different shades from burnt orange through to orange/yellowy colour. thought dark blue in feb might be too dark for flowers.so going to spice things up.have the men in medium grey suits so it should all come together well for the photos.
blink Posts: 821
I'd say the blue and grey together would be gorgeous, I'd love to see it, a lot of people going with ble would go for navy suits. Can't wait to see your pics.
Thanx 4 the pics blink. The blue i'm having though doesnt match any of them. If you look at missymoo comment she has a weightloss ticker, its at 2k (well the blue the 2 is thats the blue i'm having) very hard get a flower that colour??