Combined care at rotunda qs?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

dion Posts: 986
Does anyone know if they do a scan between 30-40 wk's when your doing c.care, due back to the midwives clinic at wk 33 & was wondering if they do this. i meet a girl there last week that said she would be asking for scan, so i wasnt sure if they do it, i think id want one for re assurance more then anything.
Lizzy1 Posts: 4128
Don't think they do anymore scans after your 20 wk scan. They'd only do 1 if there was something they were keeping an eye on. No harm in asking though :wv :wv
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
They don't do any scans after the 20wk one routinely. If you have something like low lying placenta etc that needs to be checked on they'll do it around 32/34wks. No harm in asking, but unless you are private you probably won't get a scan.
lush11 Posts: 2877
I have a cyst so i asked and she did one. I'd ask, i really dont think they will refuse if you ask. Only thing is there is very little you will see cos babs gets so big.
dion Posts: 986
Thanks for replies girls no harm in asking when i go in.
lannah Posts: 574
I'm going to the midwifes clinic and no didn't get a scan at the last visit but I get a scan every time I go to my GP so I'm not too concerned. I was wondering if I would get another one in the hospital before I give birth but it seems not - glad I picked a gp with a scanning machine though as I find it very reassuring so I would ask if I was you. They can only say no.
Mrsdm Posts: 1136
Im sp in the rotunda and next apt is at 28 weeks, if i know there will be no scan ill tell my Dh not to bother coming in, not much point in him taking leave. Is is the same for SP?
Rocket Queen Posts: 7381
Usually in the SPC the registrar has a scanner in their office and will have a quick look. It's more for themselves rather than you, so unless you have a lovely, not very busy registrar they won't spend ages pointing out little things to you. Anytime I was seen in the SPC I got a quick scan.
lush11 Posts: 2877
Just back from my 37 week appointment and first thing she asked was for me to hop up on table for a look. I think ive had a scan every time ive been in.