Combined Care - Have I got it wrong?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

S0phia Posts: 367
I decided to sign up for combined care for this baby but my GP said bloods are included and I'll need to pay for these seperately - is this right?
Daff Posts: 11644
My bloods were done in the hospital on my first visit and were included under my care - but i'm SP in HS. Saying that your bloods are vital, so I'm sure they have to be covered regardless of what way you're going - but probably with the hospital not GP.
bear80 Posts: 85
Doesnt seem right to me. Im on combined care havent had to pay a thing and have had two sets of bloods taken. Hope this helps :-)
tilsun Posts: 4506
Like the others, my bloods were done on my first hospital visit as part of the visit so no charge.
corey Posts: 66
I'm also combined care, haven't had any visits or bloods done yet but I remember with my last pregnacy the midwife took bloods at first visit in the health centre and it was included
jess08 Posts: 481
Have had my bloods taken several times at the hospital and have never been asked to pay for anything. If you are early in pregnancy and your doc wants to check something now rather than wait for you to be seen at the hospital i have no idea if they would charge for bloods. But most docs only do the basic blood pressure and urine dip etc and send you in to be seen by consultant if there are any other problems.
flippersmrs Posts: 660
you shouldnt have to pay for bloods. my gp did mine no problem and sent them off. no charge. had to get more done at first antenatal appt (hospital policy) and no charge. ive combined care and am going public. have had to pay for nothing at all. you need to speak with your gp about that, its not right.
Nadie Posts: 1111
I'm public, but not seeing my GP as he doesn't do combined care. But what your GP is saying sounds wrong. On my first visit to the Coombe at 12 weeks they did loads of blood tests and I'm not being charged for anything.
MrsMoneypenny Posts: 783
i am private with my consultant but this has no bearing on the combined care with the gp. My bloods on both pg have not costed anything so i think youre gp is wrong. If they aren't going to do your bloods your hosp will do them on your first visit and again probably about 28/30 weeks.
Daff Posts: 11644
[quote="MrsMoneypenny":1soi6a0d]i am private with my consultant but this has no bearing on the combined care with the gp. My bloods on both pg have not costed anything so i think youre gp is wrong. If they aren't going to do your bloods your hosp will do them on your first visit and again probably about 28/30 weeks.[/quote:1soi6a0d] That's good to know they do them again. I have been exhausted the last few weeks, can barely get out of bed. Said it to GP and he said my bloods were fine (they were done 12 weeks ago and i'm a vegetarian) so i started taking iron last Friday without the doctors say so, and i'm like a new woman today and yesterday. I'm not back to the hospital for three weeks and there's no way i could have lasted that long without taking hte iron - i hope they don't give out to me now for taking it if they test my blood again?