Combined Care - How to get out of it

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

agie Posts: 1107
Originally when I went to see my gp I filled in the combined care form. Now that i decided to go private and have met my consultant, he scheduled me in to meet him again in 4 weeks and then a scan at 20 weeks. So does this mean i dont see my gp in the mean time or what? I actually would prefer to see him throughout the pregnancy as its handier to get there and im not waiting around for ages. Is it normal to see your consultant at 12, 16 and 20 week sor would you usually see the gp at 16 weeks? And also do you know how do i cancel the combined care ?
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Sure just keep it theres no harm and you never know if you need to rush to see a doctor your GP might be the easiest option
JILLYJELLY Posts: 16
When I went to the Gp I got the forms for combined care, filled them out and returned them to health board, got a reply saying it had been approved but never went to Gp and only went to Ob. every 4 weeks or so. I am now 25weeks and never cancelled combined care. I resume they know you didn't go to Gp as they haven't returned any paperwork of visits.
agie Posts: 1107
Guys thanks so much - ill just continue on seeing him and sure ill always have the doctore there as md said! Thanks a mill to you both
mumof2 Posts: 3864
I got the Combined care and am going private but won't get to see my consultand till I am 20 weeks so will go to the GP every few weeks just for a check up in the meantime. Even if I wasn't using it I would bother cancelling it