Combined care - Public

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Duffers Posts: 1841
Hey. Quick question. When going public, at what stage is your combined care effective from? When your GP fills in the form and you sign it? or when you have correspondence from the hospital? I was thinking of going to my GP. Have a few occasions where my tummy is sore, not cramps, but actually sore to touch. (like bending over to tie my laces actually hurt as my thigh would have been touching my tummy) And my back is killing me. Also, havent heard from the hospital about a booking in appointment yet and if I go to my GP she will scan me so ill get to see baby before my hospital appointment which could be another month or so as I havent even gotten my letter yet. So just wondering will the combined care cover my visit or will I be charged €40? Thanks girls :thnk
Its Me Posts: 1788
MrsL, as far as I know (and I stand to be corrected) it kicks in by just been pregnant. Once it is pregnancy related your visit is free. From what I remember I had had my booking appointment (14weeks) in the hospital before I got my correspndance back. Also it was at my hospital appointment that I was given my combined care card. Re the soreness of the tummy, I hate saying this but get used to it :-8 I have it too and it does not get better the bigger you get :o0 I think its all the stretching and organ movement that is going on. Its one of the many lovely joys :o0
Daff Posts: 11644
Mrs L I've the really bad back pain too. I'd sciatica on DD and was wondering if it was linked to that, or maybe it's cause we're pregnant again so soon? Its very tender too and I'm in fierce pain if I wear trousers that are at all restricting. I'm living in PJ's :weep Not sure when it kick in though.
Thanks for the replies. Ya Daff...I was thinking the same thing that tummy muscles never really got a chance to go back to normal but I just didnt have this with DS. [quote="Its Me":o7rejez0]MrsL, as far as I know (and I stand to be corrected) it kicks in by just been pregnant. Once it is pregnancy related your visit is free. From what I remember I had had my booking appointment (14weeks) in the hospital before I got my correspndance back. Also it was at my hospital appointment that I was given my combined care card. [/quote:o7rejez0] So do you think that a visit to my GP anytime now is free? What I mean regarding correspondence is a letter of appointment. Havent gotten that yet. Ya its the hospital where I think everybody gets their card. Im deffo gonna mind the next card. Lat one I got ended up in tatters :-8 I kept analysing everything on it and looking up stuff on the net (think it got liquids spilled on it etc :o0 ) as I was sooooo excited about what everything meant. :o)ll
smurf77 Posts: 2216
Its free from when you fill out the form ie when you go to the Dr to confirm pregnancy. Only covers pregnancy related illness and then your usual visits.
Thanks for all the replies. Thats what I was hoping smurf77. Thanks a mil