Combined care

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

fancypants Posts: 453
Hi just want to check something as I am a bit clueless about ante natal care here. I am booked into Holles Street with a consultant as a private patient - first appointment in about 3 weeks - someone I know mentioned something about combined care the other day ( couldn't ask questions as have not told them yet!) - But I think it meant you pay less fees and see your GP for most appointments - which would be fine with me. Can I do this now or is it too late - how do I go about it. Sorry if this has been covered before Ta
Cutey Pie Posts: 419
Not too sure about this one - presumes when you were private you go to hospital for all visits - i could be wrong ?
under construction Posts: 3458
Im not 100% sure but i thought combined care was just for public or semi-private care, i think if you go private its to see your consultant at every visit
Hokey Cokey Posts: 4816
No, you can do combined care if you are private. I'm private and on combined care. I'm 17 weeks now and have seen my GP 4 times and the consultant once. The GP visits are all free, but the consultant fees are the same. The GP I go to is part of the combined care scheme so I was just automatically put onto it. I'm not in Dublin though, so unless its different there?????