Come Dine With Me .. Menu

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jellywellies Posts: 2268
Im sitting watching a christmas come dine with me and wondering if you were to go on the show ... what would you make?!?!
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
im always thinking this!! garlic tiger prawns with green leaf salad or stuffed portebello mushrooms for the veggies sirloin or fillet steak with a pepperd crust, creamy mash and selction of seasonal veg (very boring but i make a delish steak! :o0 ) or mushroom stroganoff with basmatti rice for veggies a trio of desserts (homemade!) banofee, toblerone cheesecake and trifle.
jellywellies Posts: 2268
toblerone cheesecake .... YUMO!!!! I will come round and score you ... no problem, lol!!
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
[quote="TAZ DEVIL ":3tzpxvc6]im always thinking this!! garlic tiger prawns with green leaf salad or stuffed portebello mushrooms for the veggies sirloin or fillet steak with a pepperd crust, creamy mash and selction of seasonal veg (very boring but i make a delish steak! :o0 ) or mushroom stroganoff with basmatti rice for veggies a trio of desserts (homemade!) banofee, toblerone cheesecake and trifle.[/quote:3tzpxvc6] oooOOooo yummy! Can I come to your come dine with me taz devil?!?!! I think I'd make something easy that won't have me slaving over the stove while my guests would be waiting. sooooooo...... starter would be roasted red pepper with stuffed cherry tomatoes,basil & garlic served with crusty bread main...hhmmmm.... pan fried monkfish with sweet chilli asian sauce served with rice Dessert- I make a killer pavlova, even if i do say so myself, :-8 , so i'd make individal mini pavolvas served with cream & fresh berries, and a raspberry coulis drizzled over it. Omigod, Now i'm starving...thats it..i'm going to make something for myself!!
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Hmmmm.... I would make: Starters: A Selection of Crosini Soup: Homemade Veg Soup Pan fried striploin steak with fried mushrooms and onions, mini garlic roasted potatoes, potatoes gratin, mixed asian veg and pepper sauce Dessert: Cheesecake or Warm Apple and Strawberry Crumble with homemade vanilla icecream.
luckyladee Posts: 2550
We did our own come dine with me among some friends to raise money for the RNLI SOS Day - We called it 'Share Our Supper'!! There were six of us and we each put €50 in and then donated it to the RNLI after. And as it happened I won :o)ll :o)ll This was my menu: On arrival : Champagne with raspberry puree served with cruditees Starter: Individual mushroom and coriander tartlets made with my own shortcrust pastry Fish Course : panfried trout in asian chilli sauce on a bed of greens Palate Cleanser : Homemade Lemon sorbet served in the Halved lemon skins with mint Main Course : Asian Herb & Ginger Chicken served with Udon noodles in a miso-style broth Dessert : Homemade layered chocolate mousse - dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate, served in cosmo glasses! And lots of good wine to go with it all.
luckyladee Posts: 2550
Oooh - that post just made me a Major Wolly!!! :o)ll
LastRolo Posts: 6892
[quote="luckyladee":6kotpydi]We did our own come dine with me among some friends to raise money for the RNLI SOS Day - We called it 'Share Our Supper'!! There were six of us and we each put €50 in and then donated it to the RNLI after. And as it happened I won :o)ll :o)ll This was my menu: On arrival : Champagne with raspberry puree served with cruditees Starter: Individual mushroom and coriander tartlets made with my own shortcrust pastry Fish Course : panfried trout in asian chilli sauce on a bed of greens Palate Cleanser : Homemade Lemon sorbet served in the Halved lemon skins with mint Main Course : Asian Herb & Ginger Chicken served with Udon noodles in a miso-style broth Dessert : Homemade layered chocolate mousse - dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate, served in cosmo glasses! And lots of good wine to go with it all.[/quote:6kotpydi] hmmmmmmmmmmmm yummmm!!