Come on tomorrow!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Evening all, Can't wait for tomorrow, we're going to the registrar to register our intent to marry! Can't wait! It's all so grown up isn't it? :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll I almost feel like tonight is my last night as a 'single' girl if you know what I mean? Cos tomorrow when we register our intent it almost makes it more 'real' or something? Like we're booking in our wedding, it's DEFINITELY happening and the State knows all about it. I know, I'm being weird now!
iwantone Posts: 176
We had a great day out the day we went to register :o)ll :o)ll you should treat yourself to a nice lunch or dinner with H2B and make it an extra special day :wv :wv Enjoy x
Thanks Mrs Oct, actually we're heading to Wexford after for a holiday! Can't wait!
iwantone Posts: 176
ah brill, have a great holiday :wv :wv im a little bit jealous :-8 :-8
Wenty Posts: 238
Oooooooooooh.....no longer a "fiancee" - you're now a "fiancee WITH INTENT"!!!!!!!!! Fully agree - get a nice bottle of champers and crack it open when you reach Wexford.... Have a great hol and enjoy tomorrow x
Ceersie Posts: 307
smileykaz you are freaking me out now .. i thought you only had your appointment with the registrar 3 months before the wedding? i havent even rang them yet to make an appointment.
luckyladee Posts: 2550
[quote="Ceersie ":14ffohe7]smileykaz you are freaking me out now .. i thought you only had your appointment with the registrar 3 months before the wedding? i havent even rang them yet to make an appointment.[/quote:14ffohe7] Don't worry Ceersie, you're around the same time as me and I phoned them in May and they told me that I was too early. They told me to phone again in August or September and that they'd arrange the appointment for January. So you should be fine. Smileykaz - enjoy tomorrow and Happy Holidays!! :o)ll
Ceersie Posts: 307
phew thanks!! Smileykaz enjoy tomorrow :compress
Hey, sorry to freak you out! You have to have the appointment AT LEAST three months before the wedding, so you can register anytime you like, if you can get an appointment! There's usually a bit of a backlog though, so we didn't want any hassle, so we went really early! Luckily she had an appointment and had no problem giving it to us. Actually she said we were grand, not too early and not too late.
xx fairy mommy xx Posts: 1833
just to second what smiliekaz said - its AT LEAST 3 months before wedding - any later and you have to go to court or get a judge to sanction the marriage and its much more expensive. we registered ours last january as the closer we got the busier i knew we'd be so just make sure you dont forget Ceersie SmilieKaz - we didn't do anything special when we registered ours but was such a happy day - really formalises things. Wait till your invites go out....now that really was a statement of intent!!! Enjoy it!