Comedy Gig O2 in October, due in Nov, shud I go?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Lizzie02 Posts: 2624
As the title says, there is a gig in the O2 at the beginning of October I really want to go to. I am due 12th November so will be 8 months pregnant for the gig. Am I crazy to book tickets and even think about going or will I be fine? I will be driving up from Wexford and sitting in the seats for however long the gig is (lets say 2 hours including interval) and then driving back home at about midnight. This is my first baby so no idea how I will feel at 8 months pregnant and is this something I should go to or avoid? Thanks x
stephnyc Posts: 414
any chance you could stay overnight & make an occasion of it? we did this for my last pregnancy & it was great i would think you'd be fine for a comedy gig.. as you're sitting & laughing.. but i dont think i'd fancy the drive each way as well of course, you could get the tix & decide closer to the time? especially if you have family/friends who would go if you couldnt
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
I went to a comedy show at about 34 weeks pregnant. It's a good night out and as it's fully seated you'll be grand. As steph said, the only concern I would have would be so much driving in the one day. Maybe look around for a cheap hotel deal for the night?
Thanks girls, I won't be able to stay overnight but if my hubbie shares the driving will I be okay; what I mean is, is it the driving that will be uncomfortable or the sitting in the car?
Probably both Lizze. The bigger you get the less tolerance you have for sitting in the one position for too long. Shame you can't stay over.
Thanks ReginaFalange x So disappointed. I've been waiting for Kevin Bridges for about a year. Guess I will just have to get the new DVD for Christmas - ah well!
Is there really no way that you can stay over?? Or else maybe come up very early in the day to break up the closeness of the travel??
babyforus Posts: 1619
Hi Lizzie, I think you book it as long as your dh can drive you home after. If you book tickets you can see how you feel. I think if you don't book it there is a good chance you'll be sitting at home that night feeling grand and wondering why you didn't go. I went to a wedding with an hour drive the week before ds born and had a great time.
ructions Posts: 2689
I'd say book the tickets. I was driving the day before I had DS, no bother! Went to a few gigs as well.
LeonardandPenny Posts: 2684
I went to Alan Carr the week before I was due and I was fine. You would want to share the driving though and perhaps stop off on the way home aswell as the way up so like Regina suggested perhaps come up early in the day. I travelled up and down to wexford last summer (late summer) and was uncomfortable in the car, we had to stop so i could walk for a few mins but I'd say book it as you might regret it. like yourself i was waiting ages to see alan carr so was going one way or the other :o0