coming off pill??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

snowwhite Posts: 1034
im coming off the pill for health reasons and was wondering how others have found it? im really dreading it , keep imagining that i will be in so much pain and not able to move. Am i just worrying over nothing? have been on pill about 12 years now.
winter08bride Posts: 863
I came off it in Jan. First cycle was 52 days, second cycle was 42 days. Have experienced nothing out of the ordinary - no pain etc. The only drawback is not knowing when your next AF is.
snowwhite Posts: 1034
thanks for your reply winterbride, yeah i never thought of the not knowing when AF is due, thank god im stayin on it till after my holiday
she Posts: 3298
I found when I came off it I felt great, now not that I noticed anything when I was on it, but after I came off I noticed that I wasn't as moody....never went back on it after that..... :wv
MrsJackson Posts: 374
I came off it in January and like the OP I have felt great since no mood swings etc! My cycle is still as regular as it was when I was on the pill the only thing is on the first day I do get a lot of pain but once I have my hot water bottle and neurofen plus I am right as rain in a couple of hours HTH *)
Psycho Sue Posts: 1875
I came off the pill in October and found it fine. like other posters, I have noticed that I'm not as moody and if anything my monthly pains (when I get them) are less than they were when I was on the pill. My cycle is all over the place though, each month my AF are getting further and further apart and I missed it this month. Not preggers, as I have done tests, so I'll just have to wait a little longer for my body to sort itself out. HTH! Sue
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
Yup ditto above came off in January after 12 years on it, had headaches for the 1st two months but just feel a 100 times better off it and more sexy :eek
chefmaid Posts: 2426
Best thing i ever did - the first few mths i was all over the place but once it all settled down it was grand. Now i do suffer with bad period pains but nothing a heat pad and some nueofen doesnt fix *)
Senorita Posts: 3413
I came off the pill nearly 18 months ago, and tbh, I was sorry I did. I felt crap, it took ages for my cycle to become regular, and I've noticed that I'm getting horrible cramps every month, and pms :o( Sorry to sound negative, but I thought I'd feel great coming off it, so was very disappointed.
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
ah that's rotten senorita :o( I suppose everyone is different especially when it comes to things like hormones.