Coming off yasmin pill

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

CharlieMax Posts: 30
I would really appreciate some advice on the following... getting married on June 8th and considering coming off the pill {I'am on Yasmin} now, as we plan to start trying for a baby as soon as we married. I just wondered if any of you came off this pill and had any negative side effects as a result. I read a lot of bad reports on this particular pill recently but I have never experienced any problems with it. Thanks guys..
adelz Posts: 3088
Hey there, I was on Yasmin for about 10 years. I had no bad effects from the pill and we weren't under any pressure at all for a baby. I have to say our thing was come off and just see how it goes. I think after 3 mths of coming off of it I got pregnant! I regulated very quickly back to periods and was thrilled, cuz I was so worried it was going to take so so long as with some other pills. They do say though you are very fertile after coming off the pill when you've been on it for a long time. I hope this helps abit and if there is anything else you want me to answer just let me know. I didn't notice any major side affects from coming off of it, I may have put on a little weight but nothing major :wv
CharlieMax Posts: 30
Thanks for that..makes me feel a lot better. I was curious after reading all those reports but have put my mind more at ease. Obviously everyone different but like you have been on that pill for nearly 9 years now and not one bad thing to say about it. hopefully I'll conceive as quickly as you did. We not under pressure or anything but after this length of time together the time is right so to speak!
Mamabelle2011 Posts: 363
Was 6 years on it, no negative side effects coming off it and got BFP 4 months later. GP said you are majorly fertile when you come off the pill. Good luck and :babydust: for later!
adelz Posts: 3088
That's good, glad to hear. I think our secret was not putting ourselves under pressure. Now don't get me wrong, I was always looking in ttc section and reading up, and the first two mths I was disappointed nothing happened, even though we weren't actively trying. So in the third mth we were away on hols and completely forgot about the whole thing and drank lots had a great hol and low and behold that was it!!! So as long as you don't put pressure on yourself hopefully it'll work as quick for you. Lots of :babydust: :babydust: to you and h2b
MissSunshine12 Posts: 273
Hi there! I found yasmin brilliant while I was on it but stopped taking it after our wedding and was prenant within a few weeks! Big surprise as I thought it would take ages! Just said I'd let you know my experience. I'm married 12 weeks and am 7 weeks preg!!!
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
i got pregnant within 2 months of coming off it and loads of my friends have gotten pregnant quickly after coming off various pills (very lucky i know) so i would defo wait til AFTER the wedding to stop taking it. you never know what kind of pregnancy you'll have and i wouldn't want to risk exhaustion, morning sickness etc on my big day! also when i'm not on the pill i suffer quite badly from period pains, to the point where i literally have to stay in bed dosed up on nurofen and if you've been on it for so long, again you don't know what you're periods will be like or how long they will take to regulate so defo keep it up til at least the honeymoon!
Chubbums Posts: 699
I was on this pill for a few years and came off it last Dec. We weren't exactly ttc but we weren't not trying either iykwim. I noticed that my cycles were fine for the first 3/4 months but then went all over the place. AF became really light and length of cycles were all different lengths. I'd agree with babyblabber and stay on it til after the wedding cuz you don't know how you're cycles will be. Here are a couple of threads that you might find more info on wrt others cycles after coming off the pill: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=327127 http://www.weddingsonline.ie/discussion ... 6&t=321860 The second link is more about problems ttc after coming off the pill but I thought it might give you an answer to your question about side effects coming off the pill. Best of luck :babydust: and have a brill wedding day :wv
RoseDawson Posts: 1494
Just to warn you I suffered with awful spots when I came off yasminelle, for months and months, I would have hated to have that stress for my wedding day, not saying that you will get them or anything but its just something to be aware of. :wv
cactusflower Posts: 46
I suffered really bad skin and hair and put on a good bit of weight when I stopped taking yasmin, cycles were a bit all over the place for a few months. But got a BFP about 6 months after stopped taking it, we weren't actively trying but just seeing what happened. I'd probably keep taking it til after the wedding, from memory I felt a bit down after stopping it, probably just withdrawal from hormones, but combined with bad skin, hair and weight gain I wouldn't want to risk it for my wedding day! Good luck!!