COMING OFF YASMIN

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

notlongtogo Posts: 5040
Hi, just wondering have any of you experienced this coming off Yasmin. Both my sis and i have been taking it for about 1 year and came off same month to ttc. Now i suffered with bad period pains when i was young but barely got any on pill, my sis never had a period pain in her life (lucky beatch). Since coming off we both have had TERRIBLE pains, sis said it was like her labour pains, my were so bad on Sunday they were literally taking my breath away. Also did it take you long to conceive. Before Yasmin both of us were on Femodene and she got pg first month off and i came off for an operation with no side effects.
Avril Hiswife Posts: 1743
Never been on Yasmin but I had what I imagine felt like labour pains last month having recently come off Femodene after 10 years. I really wondered if I could bear the pain, was dripping cold sweat and white as a sheet. This happened at work, so not only did I get nothing done but I had my male colleagues coming over and asking what was wrong! I used to have bad pains as a teenager, but maybe I just don't remember them properly. I usually have a very high tolerance for pain btw.
Perci Posts: 3847
Hiya, I came off Yasmin and didn't have any trouble. I used to be on Dianette and got a very heavy period when I came off that, I'd say it's just your body adjusting to having a 'normal' period rather than Yasmin itself. I got my BFP on the second month off Yasmin.
Thanks girls, i have a high tolerance for pain and i found it very bad. Mrs Hoola, i was the same bloated belly looked pg, shooting pains only way i got relief was by standing in a door way with my back to one frame and pushing against the other frame so as to put pressure on my back. I read this as pain relief in labour, believe me it works for period pains as well. Hopefully will get back to normal soon, i told DH if i dont get pg soon ill have to go back on pill cos the pains are so bad.
Me Julia Posts: 1352
I came off Yasmin over 3 years ago and had very very bad period pains since then. Sometimes i would be doubled over crying in pain. I do normally have a high pain threshold. I dont cry over everything, but the pain could be very bad. I feel for you. It does get a bit easier though, eventually.
Hi Hoola, yep ive had 2 periods since off it, second one started last Sunday, i was on weekend away with DH so trying not to show too much pain and enjoy myself but he said he could see the pain in my face. Me Julia, im same, very rarely take pain killers and can deal with a lot of pain but these are bad. I could feel my womb contracting and the pain would come in a wave from belly all down legs. Ill be well prepared for start of labour. :eek
so_clear Posts: 397
I was on the pill for 10 years and was on Yasmin for the last 3 or 4 or that (forget what I was on beforehand) and I had no probs with bad period pains after coming off it. I did have a little bit of period pain and it was worse than when I was on the pill, but I thought that would be natural as it was a proper period rather than whatever goes on when you're on the pill. Could it be irritable bowel or something else? This is probably daft of me, but would those proactive or live yoghurts help??