Communion Reflection

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Dresssale2011 Posts: 26
Has anyone got some examples of communion reflections
Creative Invites Posts: 305
Hi Emer2010, I see this one used a lot. Think it's lovely... Poem by E.E Cummings- [b:2ol490js]“I carry your heart with me”[/b:2ol490js] I carry your heart with me; I carry it in my heart. I am never without it; anywhere I go; you go my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling. I fear no fate; for you are my fate, my sweet, I want no world; for beautiful you are my world, my true. And it's you are whatever a moon has always meant and whatever a sun will always sing is you Here is the deepest secret nobody knows Here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than soul can hope or mind can hide. And this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart I carry your heart. I carry it in my heart.
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
I had a lovely one - starts off with "These are the hands" Will google it and see if I can find it
mrstee Posts: 927
if you do a search on here, you will come across loads. there is one particular thread where tired bride posted sooooo many, i printed them all out to try help me choose!!!!
nikbic Posts: 344
hia just wondering if you can tell me do you have to include a communion reflection? im so bad at knowing what you have to include in mass booklet and what is optional as not being bad but i want to make mine as short as possible..
summersurprise Posts: 1276
This is the one were using, my aunt is reading it she said she will prob choke on the words practicing something she doesnt preach hereself :o0 The Art of Marriage The little things are the big things. It is never being too old to hold hands. It is remembering to say "I love you" at least once a day. It is never going to sleep angry. It is at no time taking the other for granted; the courtship should not end with the honeymoon, it should continue through all the years. It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives. It is standing together facing the world. It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family. It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude or duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is not expecting the husband to wear a halo or the wife to have wings of an angel. It is not looking for perfection in each other. It is cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humor. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget. It is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is finding room for the things of the spirit. It is a common search for the good and the beautiful. It is establishing a relationship in which the independence is equal, dependence is mutual and the obligation is reciprocal. It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.
Here are some more: Today is a dream realised from years past The White dress, the wedding cake, the promise of a love that lasts. Today is the beginning of a journey the two of you now share, The vow to love, honour and cherish now seen in the rings you wear. But tomorrow, tomorrow you will wake as husband and wife, Where the person next to you is yours for life. And so my wish to you both is that when you wake each day, You will turn to each other with the same look you share today *********************************************************** These are the hands of your best friend, young and strong and full of love for you, that are holding yours on your wedding day, as you promise to love each other today, tomorrow, and forever. These are the hands that will work alongside yours, as together you build your future. These are the hands that will passionately love you and cherish you through the years, and with the slightest touch, will comfort you like no other. These are the hands that will hold you when fear or grief fills your mind. These are the hands that will countless times wipe the tears from your eyes; tears of sorrow, and tears of joy. These are the hands that will tenderly hold your children. These are the hands that will help you to hold your family as one. These are the hands that will give you strength when you need it. And lastly, these are the hands that even when wrinkled and aged, will still be reaching for yours, still giving you the same unspoken tenderness with just a touch. *********************************************************** Now you feel no rain, for each of you will be a shelter to the other. Now you feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there is no loneliness, for each of you will be a companion to the other. You are two bodies, but there is one life before you and one home. When evening falls, look up and there the other will be. Take each others hands and turn together to look at the road you have travelled to reach this: the hour of your happiness. It stretches behind you, even as the future lies ahead. A long and winding road, whose every turning means discovery. Old hopes, new laughter, shared fears. The adventure has just begun.......
Today is a dream realised from years past The White dress, the wedding cake, the promise of a love that lasts. Today is the beginning of a journey the two of you now share, The vow to love, honour and cherish now seen in the rings you wear. But tomorrow, tomorrow you will wake as husband and wife, Where the person next to you is yours for life. And so my wish to you both is that when you wake each day, You will turn to each other with the same look you share today *********************************************************** Go dtuga Dia daoibh: Tuar ceatha le gach stoirm Meangadh gáire le gach deor Gealltanas le gach buairt Agus beannachtaí go leor. Cairde dílse le fadhbanna an tsaoil A roinnt leat go fial, Amhrán binn le gach osnaíl Agus freagra ar gach urnaí. In English: May God give you For every storm, a rainbow, For every tear, a smile, For every care, a promise, And a blessing in each trial. For every problem life sends, a faithful friend to share, For every sign, a sweet song, And an answer for each prayer. *********************************************************** Seoid faoin ár gcúram---------------------A treasure to be cherished, Bronntanas Dé-----------------------------A gift from God, Tá againn le chéile-----------------------we have together, Grá gan coinníolacha.---------------------an unconditional love. Grá nach gcuireann ceisteanna-------------A love that asks no questions, a chreideann gach rud is fearr------------believes in all the best, gan bheith amhrasach choíche,-------------never doubting, ever trusting, le buaniontaoibh, A sheasann gach triall.-------------------withstanding any test. Grá a théann trí gach doineann------------A love that weathers any storm, Ach seasann an grá úd i gcónaí------------and yet that love still stands, Tríd an uair is doirche riamh-------------through the very darkest hour, Síneann sé amach lámh.--------------------it still reaches out a hand. Ansiúd sa lámh úd an féirín is binne------There in that hand is the sweetest gift, is féidir leat a thabhairt dom------------that you can give me, Croí a thugann aire, grá a----------------a heart that cares, a love roinnteann,-------------------------------that shares, A bheidh ann go dtí an deireadh.----------that will be there till the end. Seoid faoin ár gcúram---------------------A treasure to be cherished, Bronntanas Dé ar Neamh--------------------A gift from God above, a mhaith liom roinnt leat-----------------is what I want to share with you, Grá gan coinníollacha.--------------------an unconditional love ************************************************************ :wv
Creative Invites Posts: 305
[quote="nikbic":1x58bi91]hia just wondering if you can tell me do you have to include a communion reflection? im so bad at knowing what you have to include in mass booklet and what is optional as not being bad but i want to make mine as short as possible..[/quote:1x58bi91] nikbic, you don't have to have one. Plenty of people leave them out.
nikbic Posts: 344
cool thanks for that O:o)