Community midwives Rotunda.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Pipsey Posts: 144
I'm not talking about the Dominio scheme. But the community midwives. Anyone attending, or did attended them. They have a clinic only five minutes walk from my house, and I'm thinking if attending them, rather than have to go into the hospital for every visit.
Babyboomerang Posts: 543
I'm attending the Community Midwives with the Rontunda. I think the term Domino is used interchangeably, it's the same thing. I go to the GP every other visit and go to my local health centre to see the midwives. Loving it so far and baby is due very shortly now. Have no complaints and would highly recommend it.
wowza Posts: 556
I think the names are interchangeable too. Anyway, I did it on my first and I found them great. The early transfer home was brilliant. I felt that when they did the home visits they had time for me and only me, which they wouldn't in the hospital. And the visits continued until dd was about a week, so I felt I got more support in that first week than I would have otherwise. And it was great not having to go in for appointments, and the queues were never too long.
Thanks for replies. Can I ask one more question, is their any problems getting the epidural under their care. Someone told me yesterday, that they did dominio in Holles street, and no epidural, and they went home six hours later( because of that). I'm sure that's not case, re the epidural,but slightly freaked me out, all the same.
wowza Posts: 556
They don't look after you in Labour. Everyone in the rotunda, no matter what your antenatal care was gets the same care in labour.
Babyboomerang Posts: 543
Yeah, Wowsa is right. I did the antenatal class a few weeks back and they were clear that the epidural was available if you want it. You're in the same delivery rooms as any other patient: private, public or semi. I was under the same impression (that epi wasn't available) until that class.
[quote="wowza":3bq2i2f9]They don't look after you in Labour. [b:3bq2i2f9]Everyone in the rotunda, no matter what your antenatal care was gets the same care in labour.[/quote:3bq2i2f9][/b:3bq2i2f9] Oh I never thought they didn't. Was under private/public care before, and was always treated the same. I know we are all in the same delivery rooms. I have had my other children there under private and public care before. I was just really curious about the epidural. Babybomernag, thanks for that, re the epidural. Was just very curious after what I was told yesterday.