Menu

compare stretch marks post.

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

andypandy28 Posts: 553
. Well, just thought this would make all afflicted with them feel better. Please tell your stories girls, how many you have, how long they take to fade, were you have them etc. Ill start, I have them everywhere, >:o( have used every potion and lotion and have only put on 18 pounds :o(
Itisasecret Posts: 389
I have put on 2.5 stone and have none... yet. I am 36 weeks. I am using Clarins Huile Oil. I have heard that nothing prevents them and iof you are prone you are prone. My bump is HUGE and feels quite sore and stretched and am bound to get some now just for posting this! :ooh
Sphynx Posts: 6795
I had loads before I ever got pregnant - they just appeared when I was about 17, didn't even have much puppy fat. Probably don't have stretchy skin :o( They're on my boobs and thighs and are a nice silvery colour, which I expect to become bright purple as the pregnancy goes along! And then prob fade again. I plan to use Bio Oil but don't think you can avoid them really. :o( Anyone got any tips? (PS: I think LOADs of people who've never been pregnant have these - have seen them on 3 single friends also).
Elliecat Posts: 2725
I also have them and I've never been pregnant - same as you Blackcat, got them during teens on my thighs of all places, nice and long and silvery. I'm doomed when I'm pregnant (hopefully soon!!!).
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
bio oil is supposed to be good for em [img:1w8ko3zc]http://www.garden.co.uk/acatalog/bio-oil.jpg[/img:1w8ko3zc]
Moet for me Posts: 1841
I have from my teens being putting on and losing weight for years, when I had baba it took ages for me to even notice I had them but basically I had strech marks on top of stretch marks but now they are virtually disappeared.
irish bride Posts: 558
Hi girls, I was told that if you are prone to them that there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I did develop a few small ones when i was a teenager on my thighs, but am now 3 weeks away (nearly 3 stone heavier than before i got pg) amd havent had any, yet....! I have probably just jinxed myself though ha ha! I have been using the clarins tonic oil as well, but have been told to use the Bio Oil after birth as it is great for healing up the SM then, but that i shouldnt use it before as it will be no use!
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Too soon for me... but yeah I've heard too that you either get 'em or you don't. They do say bio oil is very good for marks though.
chilledout Posts: 834
I've been using the bio oil twice a day for my whole pregnancy and was feeling very smug at 36 weeks when I didn't have any stretch marks but then they seemed to appear within a few days and now I'm covered in them! They're only on the bump so its not too bad. As several people said you'll get them if you're going to get them regardless of what you slather on. I think the Bio oil helps though and I'm still using it. My sister didn't use anything and hers were much worse than mine. I'm definitely going to keep it up after the baby is born too (if that ever happens)
Mrs Lucy06 Posts: 929
Might be a dopey question but when do you start using the oil from? Lucy